Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

The Recall Issue

t-spiritpete

Hi to all, anyone out there, especially you Toyota techs got any info on the accellerator issue yet? :unsure:

I will be having a peep at mine tomorrow.

Pete.

Hi to all, anyone out there, especially you Toyota techs got any info on the accellerator issue yet? :unsure:

I will be having a peep at mine tomorrow.

Pete.

Found this as per BBC News website:

The eight models recalled are the AYGO, iQ, Yaris, Auris, Corolla, Verso, Avensis and RAV4 and cover manufacturing dates going back to February 2005.

Full article:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/8487984.stm

Cheers

Thank you Toyota PR - so it looks like it's only the latest shape (T27) Avensis.

I can confirm its only the new avensis i took my 2006 avensis to Mr T for a smoking problem and i was told that before i ask my car is not affected has its only the new avensis.

The link below lists what cars in europe are affected.

www.toyota.eu/about/pages/newsdetails.aspx?prid=501&prs=Corporate&prrm=pressrelease

Looked at my 56 plate T180 this morning .... the size of the accelerator return spring assured me mine was NOT one of the affected cars!!!

Easy fix for the affected one .... fit the same spring fitted to mine (think it came from an old macpherson strut) LOL

Looked at my 56 plate T180 this morning .... the size of the accelerator return spring assured me mine was NOT one of the affected cars!!!

Sorry this is a bit late - been up at the BBC most of the day.

Here's the latest info;

Toyota has announced its remedy for accelerator pedals on vehicles subject to a recall.

Details of the remedy were released today in the United States and Toyota plans to implement a similar remedy in Europe, China and other countries and regions, where details are to be worked out with local authorities.

In the accelerator-pedal assembly of affected vehicles, condensation resulting from cold-weather use of the heater or other causes may form on the worn surface of what is known as a friction device. If this occurs, there is a possibility that, in the worst case, the accelerator pedal returns slowly or does not return to its idle position. To reassure customers, Toyota decided on a recall.

The remedy involves installing a precision-cut steel reinforcement bar into the accelerator-pedal assembly that creates a space to reduce the surface tension between the friction device and a component called the pedal arm. The bar also strengthens the reaction force of the spring that returns the accelerator pedal to its non-pressed position.

Toyota will communicate to all affected UK customers and other concerned parties the details of the implementation procedure as quickly as possible.

Only a limited number of incidents have been reported in Europe, and Toyota is not aware of any accidents in the UK or Europe resulting from this issue.

Whilst this condition is rare Toyota advises customers who have concerns to contact Toyota GB Customer Relations on 0800 1388 744 for assistance.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links