Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Some Advice Needed

Stevet1138

Another update: I had the test drive in the 2.0 D4D T-Spirit yesterday morning. The car ticks all of the boxes and I was very impressed with the way it drove. But (there's always a but) the condition of the inside and outside of the car for a 07 plate with 28K on the clock was awful. This car had not been looked after at all by the previous user. For example there was green paint on one wing mirror, numerous scratches, scuff marks on bumpers and stone chips. The alloys were starting to "peel". The inside was just a mess of scuff marks on the doors, stains on the carpets and seats, some holes on the drivers footwell carpet that looked like someone had been driving with high heels, the gear knob had no markings left on it and the rear of the front passenger seat was ripped. The interior colour was also not as advertised (black cloth) but a really horrible off white / beige. For £11K I was not impressed, but at least I got to drive one - the search continutes.

Another update: I had the test drive in the 2.0 D4D T-Spirit yesterday morning. The car ticks all of the boxes and I was very impressed with the way it drove. But (there's always a but) the condition of the inside and outside of the car for a 07 plate with 28K on the clock was awful. This car had not been looked after at all by the previous user. For example there was green paint on one wing mirror, numerous scratches, scuff marks on bumpers and stone chips. The alloys were starting to "peel". The inside was just a mess of scuff marks on the doors, stains on the carpets and seats, some holes on the drivers footwell carpet that looked like someone had been driving with high heels, the gear knob had no markings left on it and the rear of the front passenger seat was ripped. The interior colour was also not as advertised (black cloth) but a really horrible off white / beige. For £11K I was not impressed, but at least I got to drive one - the search continutes.

I am stunned that a Toyota Dealership would have an "Approved Used" in such a condition for sale?

I once drove what I assumed to be an ex- short term lease T180 from Toyota World Star City that was in a right mess, but I never thought for one moment it would have got anywhere near the forecourt without some serious TLC and remedial work.

I have since found out that the car had only just arrived and they had not had time to clean and touch it up first. I am acutally realy glad I saw it in the state I did rather than after.

I have now settled on a exchange vehicle which is a 58 plate 1.6 T-Spirit in black with 8K on the clock.

Steve, although this car is an extreme case scenario, the auris is generally prone to more wear and tear than other cars.

My 07 auris has 20000 miles on the clock and i look after it really well. However, the interior trim still has scratches and scuff marks. It doesnt look like a 3 year old car. even though th exterior is intact and it still has the new car smell!! The rattles make it seem even older, not to mention all the other problems!!

ABZ-T2

I have the same car are you, a 1.4 T3 and i also thought i was a bit slow to accelerate after 50 mph... but if you let it break in it will get better. I bought my car at 12K, and now it's at 16K it's much better. There are 1.4 cars from other manufactures that are worse... astra / megane anyone ?

Another update: Saga's end has now been reached :D

After taking the 58 plate 1.6 T-spirit for a test drive today I am more than happy with the car and with a bit of luck will be picking it up on Saturday.

I must say that I have been very impressed with the attitude and manner of the dealer in question, who have been more than accommodating in helping me find the right car with the minimum of fuss (what with it being done on a exchange). It seems all too easy to use the forums to complain and moan about this and that and it is very nice to be able to give some credit where it is due - Westlands Toyota in Bromsgrove.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links