Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Econodrive Indication Out

spatsy

bought a 99plate lean burn (7A-FE) a yr ago as a daily workhorse & without doubt its the best motor ive ever run for the small outlay.

circa 40mpg on a 40mile daily trip its great, really happy with it.

During the recent cold snap the econodrive dash indicator stayed off. weather warmed up 7 it came back briefly, now its out again.

On cold start revs @ 1500 warms up falls to 1000 takes a long long time to fall to 850. Is warm idle 700rpm?

economy know poor.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated please, dont really want to go the local Agent & hook up to his diagnostics if you can help me sort it!!

thanks all

Spatsy

bought a 99plate lean burn (7A-FE) a yr ago as a daily workhorse & without doubt its the best motor ive ever run for the small outlay.

During the recent cold snap the econodrive dash indicator stayed off. weather warmed up 7 it came back briefly, now its out again.

On cold start revs @ 1500 warms up falls to 1000 takes a long long time to fall to 850. Is warm idle 700rpm?

economy know poor.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated please, dont really want to go the local Agent & hook up to his diagnostics if you can help me sort it!!

thanks all

Spatsy

Hi,

Your 40mpg sounds normal, as does your tickover 700 -750 rpm when hot .

My mpg does drop a bit when the weather is cold for a long time, but not sure what you actually mean by ' ecomomy now poor' what is that in mpg ?

Does the temp gauge get up to the normal mid way position within 2 miles - if the thermostats faulty it might be running too cold and holding the choke on ..?

The econo lamp bulbs regularly fail, I have given up replacing mine, haven't noticed any lower mpg as a result and in a way its better off as you get too concerned about driving to get it on.

If you do buy a bulb from mr T it is a Clear bulb, not a green one.

I think the bulb blows a lot, mine goes all the time and I tend to use it as a spare for more vital bulbs anyway.

I think it's connected to the throttle anyway so it doesn't improve economy other than telling you to lift your foot.

I agree with the comment about the engine as our Avensis has proved a great family car. Sure things have gone wrong or worn out but so far (touch wood) she's been a beut'.

not looking forward to having to replace the old girl.

economy know poor.

thanks all

Spatsy

Hi,

Your 40mpg sounds normal, as does your tickover 700 -750 rpm when hot .

My mpg does drop a bit when the weather is cold for a long time, but not sure what you actually mean by ' ecomomy now poor' what is that in mpg ?

Does the temp gauge get up to the normal mid way position within 2 miles - if the thermostats faulty it might be running too cold and holding the choke on ..?

The econo lamp bulbs regularly fail, I have given up replacing mine, haven't noticed any lower mpg as a result and in a way its better off as you get too concerned about driving to get it on.

If you do buy a bulb from mr T it is a Clear bulb, not a green one.

thanks

i could eek out about 450mls on a tank & now i'm filling up a lot earlier say about 350mls

it takes a bit longer to get to mid way on the temp gauge & hence it takes longer for the revs to drop to 750 so i'll watch this a bit more closely

who's mrT? does he sell Snickers as well as toyota spares?

does he supply from a dealers parts dept?

regards

Spatsy

The green econo light is not any important light bulb. I would not bother with the work to replace it until a more important bulb goes.

The light is hooked up with a blue wire from connector 23 A at the combination meter and the ECU 13A connector, also called ED. This is how it looks like on the T22 Avensis with the 4A-FE and 7A-FE leanburn engines, according to Toyotas wiring manual.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links