Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Egr Valve

Rossy

In the last week we have had to get the egr valve replaced in five of our 2009 old model 2.0 d4d avensis,mileage 45k approx,all had cold start problems,weather been quiet mild at the moment so will wait and see in the coming days,not happy,what happens when warranty runs out???

To Rossy,

You kind of lost me on this one, you do mean the last of the 2 litre D4D MK11 model. I take it your running a fleet??????? The EGR vave is electronically controlled, seems odd that not one of them could not of had a real good clean out instead of renewal. Have you a 2 year or 3 year warranty.

Regards, Beagh.

To Rossy,

You kind of lost me on this one, you do mean the last of the 2 litre D4D MK11 model. I take it your running a fleet??????? The EGR vave is electronically controlled, seems odd that not one of them could not of had a real good clean out instead of renewal. Have you a 2 year or 3 year warranty.

Regards, Beagh.

how's it going beagh

yeah we have the 5x 2008 d4d model lunas,having trouble with cold start in the mornings,would get a smell of sooth as well... Mr t said "egr valve" ok so had mine done last week,but till slow to take the throttle on cold mornings for about 30 seconds,it was so bad over xmas it would not reverse out of my drive,no pedal,just using clutch,had to turn on heater to get the revs up, seriously!!!.Mr t told me they put a new one in,but not sure, maybe they gave it a good scrub.but the fault still is there..Mr t up the walls at the moment,i know the lads,busy with the recall so will leave it for a while,but its a pain in the *****,have 100k warranty or 3 years....

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links