Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Help Again Please

CoCo24

Well guys while i was on here last night i was looking at some bits (as you do) but got looking at the supercharger bit. what it is i read that some of the compressors had run dry and didnt have any oil in. so now im starting to panic because its a large bill to sort it out.

going to get into it and check to make sure its not bone dry.

but a bit of advice from you guys would help

once ive checked it and it is bone dry, do you think i add some oil it would help (not knowing how long its been dry for)

or do you think its going to have to be a new one (which i really cant afford at the mo)

where would be the best place to get some oil for it, because it was saying mr T doesnt have it as a stock item.

just hoping now i dont have to change.

but if i do would it have to me a MR T job or could i do it and just buy the bits for it?

any help or advice would be very helpful

thanks guys

Darren

Well guys while i was on here last night i was looking at some bits (as you do) but got looking at the supercharger bit. what it is i read that some of the compressors had run dry and didnt have any oil in. so now im starting to panic because its a large bill to sort it out.

once ive checked it and it is bone dry, do you think i add some oil it would help (not knowing how long its been dry for)

or do you think its going to have to be a new one (which i really cant afford at the mo)

where would be the best place to get some oil for it, because it was saying mr T doesnt have it as a stock item.

but if i do would it have to me a MR T job or could i do it and just buy the bits for it?

thanks guys

Darren

got any pics of engine bay where you check for the supercharger oil ill have to keep a eye on mine

im guessing if its dry just top it up

people run engines down dry with little oil aslong as there working doesnt mean they need a new engine likewise with turbo cars

thanks guys

Darren

got any pics of engine bay where you check for the supercharger oil ill have to keep a eye on mine

im guessing if its dry just top it up

people run engines down dry with little oil aslong as there working doesnt mean they need a new engine likewise with turbo cars

there was a thread on it, on here. search supercharger oil and its on there somewhere cant quite remember where.

have to top it up when i get some oil for it and see if its still ok

Get your local Mr T dealer to order the specific supercharger oil, it takes 7 - 10 days to arrive from Belguim.

When they've got it have them check the level in your supercharger and top up as required, they have to remove a few parts, but it shouldn't take them more than 1 hour.

Cost = 1 hour labour + oil [if it's dry the oil will be around £20].

Get your local Mr T dealer to order the specific supercharger oil, it takes 7 - 10 days to arrive from Belguim.

When they've got it have them check the level in your supercharger and top up as required, they have to remove a few parts, but it shouldn't take them more than 1 hour.

But is it aslo something i could do myself?

You can check it yourself, but you cannot buy the supercharger oil. It is only available in 25litre drums at £400+. I tried to find an alternative, same spec through work [engineering production] but had the same problem - not available in small quantities hence my giving the job to MrT.

You can check it yourself, but you cannot buy the supercharger oil. It is only available in 25litre drums at £400+. I tried to find an alternative, same spec through work [engineering production] but had the same problem - not available in small quantities hence my giving the job to MrT.

Sound good. hve to phone mr t up then and see what they can do with it.

thanks

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links