Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Engine Management Light

SAM LOVERS HER TOYOTAS

Hi guys

The day i purchased my 2001 51avensis hatchback 1.8vvti 3 months back...the engine management light came on...on the way home! (funny how it wasnt on during the test drive!!!)...anyways drove the 60mile journey home and everything was okay...took it to a local garage a week later...said it was "P0155 O2 SENSOR / HEATER CIRCUIT/ (BS S1)...well thats what he wrote down for me!...and he just reset/cancelled it and everything was okay again....BUT yesterday...the darn light came back on again! Why it did i just dont know but its so frustrating...it annoys the hell out of me guys! The only thing i did have done this week was put in a new Battery as the old one died.

My question to you guys/the experts....

1. is there any ways/methods that i can do to make it cancel out without using the diagnostic machine again????????

2. and if i just left it...or may be take the bulb out for it...will i be okay??? would it still pass an mot???

I do find that my car uses alot of petrol...e.g £50 petrol gives 170 miles...actually recently im getting less miles but according to my previous post on this matter you guys said its because of the weather...so i dont know...

But please please help. Thank you.

Sammy

Hi guys

The day i purchased my 2001 51avensis hatchback 1.8vvti 3 months back...the engine management light came on...on the way home! (funny how it wasnt on during the test drive!!!)...anyways drove the 60mile journey home and everything was okay...took it to a local garage a week later...said it was "P0155 O2 SENSOR / HEATER CIRCUIT/ (BS S1)...well thats what he wrote down for me!...and he just reset/cancelled it and everything was okay again....BUT yesterday...the darn light came back on again! Why it did i just dont know but its so frustrating...it annoys the hell out of me guys! The only thing i did have done this week was put in a new battery as the old one died.

1. is there any ways/methods that i can do to make it cancel out without using the diagnostic machine again????????

2. and if i just left it...or may be take the bulb out for it...will i be okay??? would it still pass an mot???

I do find that my car uses alot of petrol...e.g £50 petrol gives 170 miles...actually recently im getting less miles but according to my previous post on this matter you guys said its because of the weather...so i dont know...

Sammy

you have a bad o/2 sensor

it needs replacment.

Hi guys

The day i purchased my 2001 51avensis hatchback 1.8vvti 3 months back...the engine management light came on...on the way home! (funny how it wasnt on during the test drive!!!)...anyways drove the 60mile journey home and everything was okay...took it to a local garage a week later...said it was "P0155 O2 SENSOR / HEATER CIRCUIT/ (BS S1)...well thats what he wrote down for me!...and he just reset/cancelled it and everything was okay again....BUT yesterday...the darn light came back on again! Why it did i just dont know but its so frustrating...it annoys the hell out of me guys! The only thing i did have done this week was put in a new battery as the old one died.

Sammy

Sounds like something is sadly wrong with this motor and you need to get it looked at. My 02 plate 1.8Vvti gives around 140 miles on £20 of petrol in this weather so £50 would give me around 350 miles, double yours.

Yes something is definately wrong.

My 2 Ltr VVTI Auto averages 400 miles to a tank, costing average of £50.00.

Having the light on will not fail a MOT as mine was on when done by Mr T. I just got a notification about the light.

Just get that sensor changed soonest and hopefully your MPG will improve.

Sooty

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links