Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Ev Cut Out Speed

drhill

Not really a big issue now but does anyone know the conditions when the EV mode is meant to cut out at 21 mph. Seems to be programmed to cut out at 21 when accelerating but if coasting along between 21 and 31 can activate EV most of the time. Everyone I've spoken to says its normal and that the gen 3 is 'obsessed' with preserving Battery power. Comments very welcome.

Not really a big issue now but does anyone know the conditions when the EV mode is meant to cut out at 21 mph. Seems to be programmed to cut out at 21 when accelerating but if coasting along between 21 and 31 can activate EV most of the time. Everyone I've spoken to says its normal and that the gen 3 is 'obsessed' with preserving battery power. Comments very welcome.

The answer is both :)

I find that it will cut out at 21 mph more often than not but sometimes it will run right upto 31 mph on EV. Now this has baffled me but I think it's something to do with the Battery temperature because I find the car more likely to run upto 31 mph on EV mode after I have completed a long motorway or fast A road trip. I also find that once the car has run upto 31 mph on EV it will also run upto that speed for as long as you leave it in EV mode even as the Battery runs right down. In other words, once it has run upto 30 mph in EV, you can stop at junctions and be confident that it will again speed upto 30 mph again. Doing this does quickly run your Battery down though :(

Anyone else experienced similar?

Not really a big issue now but does anyone know the conditions when the EV mode is meant to cut out at 21 mph. Seems to be programmed to cut out at 21 when accelerating but if coasting along between 21 and 31 can activate EV most of the time. Everyone I've spoken to says its normal and that the gen 3 is 'obsessed' with preserving battery power. Comments very welcome.

The answer is both :)

I find that it will cut out at 21 mph more often than not but sometimes it will run right upto 31 mph on EV. Now this has baffled me but I think it's something to do with the Battery temperature because I find the car more likely to run upto 31 mph on EV mode after I have completed a long motorway or fast A road trip. I also find that once the car has run upto 31 mph on EV it will also run upto that speed for as long as you leave it in EV mode even as the Battery runs right down. In other words, once it has run upto 30 mph in EV, you can stop at junctions and be confident that it will again speed upto 30 mph again. Doing this does quickly run your Battery down though :(

Anyone else experienced similar?

Thanks for that, very helpful, as usual. I pretty much agree with what you said regarding EV behaviour.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links