Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Show Roll Cage?

daz245

post-78790-1266264021_thumb.jpgpost-78790-1266264550_thumb.jpgGents and laies i thinking of buyinga show cage for the rolla, i thinkin of buying it and powder coating it red or black first then throwing it in, i going for a hardcore street rce wrc look on the rolla, i dont know where to get one though or for how much???

Plus your thoughts on the whole thing

thanks dudes u are the xperts after all :lol::lol: :)

Show cages are a complete waste of space and quite frankly one of the most dangerous things you can put into your car......in an accident, by the time your head has bounced off it a few times you wont have much brain function left.....a roll cage should only be fitted to track cars where you`d be wearing a helmet to protect your bonce and the cage functions by stiffening the car up...a show cage does nothing, offers nothing and will put your insurance up (alot of companies will not insure a car with a roll cage fitted).You should cover the roll cage in protective foam in key areas to protect your head...which kind of negates the need for a show cage.

Show cages are a complete waste of space and quite frankly one of the most dangerous things you can put into your car......in an accident, by the time your head has bounced off it a few times you wont have much brain function left.....a roll cage should only be fitted to track cars where you`d be wearing a helmet to protect your bonce and the cage functions by stiffening the car up...a show cage does nothing, offers nothing and will put your insurance up (alot of companies will not insure a car with a roll cage fitted).You should cover the roll cage in protective foam in key areas to protect your head...which kind of negates the need for a show cage.

I'm with you on that one, they're not all that IMO.

daz245, you can put that money towards much better interior mods such as a re-trim. ;)

IMHO, you should strip the interior out and go for a full on rally slag look. agree with the cage points made.

just get a nice big ***** rear brace bar welded in... hmmmmmmmmm slaggyness.

yep either fit a propper one and protect it or dont bother.

also as 'show cages' have no strength in a side impact the can deform and cause worse injuries (in addition to the massive head trauma)

In the event of a crash the roll cage will hinder any extrication by the emergency services.

But if you have a properly fitted cage and you do roll, you probably wont need to be extracted by the emergancy services

In the event of a crash the roll cage will hinder any extrication by the emergency services.

But if you have a properly fitted cage and you do roll, you probably wont need to be extracted by the emergancy services

But he doesn't want a proper roll cage, he wants a show cage. And to stop him from indirectly killing himself we have listed the many ways in which the cage will kill him rather than save him. :P

But he doesn't want a proper roll cage, he wants a show cage. And to stop him from indirectly killing himself we have listed the many ways in which the cage will kill him rather than save him. :P

My bad, i just read the last few posts.

if you want a show cage, toilet roll tubes and silver paint should work a treat

If you want to do a proper cage, your first port of call should be the FIA website....within that website there is a homologation section which will give you a homologation number specific to your car...something like N2546.....the "N" is the group to which the rules apply...ie group N...and the number specifies the car. You can then order a homolgation book which will give you all the information you could want to make your car comply with that groups regulations, from roll cage designs and specs, to fire extinguisher set ups, suspension etc etc....costs £51 but is worth it as its a mine of usefull information for a rally car build.

You then want to visit somewhere like

http://www.customcages.co.uk/homepage

or

http://www.rollcentre.co.uk/rollcentre/html/rollcage.html

Both will make you a roll cage exactly to your spec...for not a bad price either...they will even make you a cage that you can weld in yourself.

Or if you so desire you can buy the correct spec tubing, a notch cutter and make your own...get the door hoops and B-pillar hoops bent by a pro....the rest is more or less just straight sections...you can then get busy with a welding machine.....unless you cant weld as the quality of welds on a cage needs to be very high...not something to be done by the local garage unless they have a certified welder on board....all fun and games.

The result from show cages being not up to much...I know its a race car, but you dont have the luxury of a tyre wall on the road so the results could be worse.

http://forums.speedarena.com/zerothread?id=4624353

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=4624353&page=2

For a daft show cage...you can bend marley 2" waste pipe quite nicely...just remeber to take out the U bend :)

Thanks gents for the feed back i already have a full re- trim done was just lookin for something different to put tinot the car i know one other person who has it in a civic eg and looks sweet, thanks for the feed back i unsure as to what to do, thanks again :o

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links