Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Aygo Tuning

jjj_aygo

Great pictures jjj_aygo, I absolutely love superturismos. Been thinking about getting them on mine, getting bored of the standard alloys.
Hi, just giving you my opinion, but I too have an Aygo blue, and have had some black alloys (a friends) next to it to check if the colours match or look rubbish.

And IMO it looks terrible.

So far the only nice wheel colours i have found are standard silver alloys, or silver with blue powder coat in places.

Chris

Pictures?

If I can get the wheels back to my house then I will take a picture.

Dint think to take one when they were there before as I had no reason, I just decided it didn't look nice and that was that.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jjj_aygo

• Number1Norton

• Angryhatter

• AygoFast

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Great pictures jjj_aygo, I absolutely love superturismos. Been thinking about getting them on mine, getting bored of the standard alloys.
Hi, just giving you my opinion, but I too have an Aygo blue, and have had some black alloys (a friends) next to it to check if the colours match or look rubbish.

And IMO it looks terrible.

So far the only nice wheel colours i have found are standard silver alloys, or silver with blue powder coat in places.

Chris

Pictures?

If I can get the wheels back to my house then I will take a picture.

Dint think to take one when they were there before as I had no reason, I just decided it didn't look nice and that was that.

No pic, no proof. ;)

I don't need proof to have my own opinion of what something looks like......

I meant that you have compared them. :D

Well you will just have to take my word on that until I can, if possible, get them again to take snaps.

I don't need proof to have my own opinion of what something looks like......

I meant that you have compared them. :D

Well you will just have to take my word on that until I can, if possible, get them again to take snaps.

I'll wait for the pics, mate.

Cheers mate! Everyone seems to appreciate them which is always nice :) very funny watching people walking past the car with their jaws nearly scraping the ground! :P

James

Hii JJJ Aygo ..

Just A Quick Message .. I Absolutley Adore Your Alloys & Tyres!! They Look Stunning on the Car .. Very Well Done :)

I would love to be able to have some of them on my car but the only problem ive got is that i dont think they would look right because ive got a blue aygo.

Just wondering if you could point me in the right direction and just to get your opinion on whether they will look good against the blue??

If they wont what would you suggest .. would love to be able to get the tyres you have but with blue alloys .. chances of that are slim!

Just by off chance .. what tyres/alloys are they ?? and if u dont mind me asking how much were they??

Cheers Mish.

Hi Mish,

Thanks very much for your comment :thumbsup:

Well I'll always say that beauty is in the eye of the beholder but I would have thought black alloys could look quite cool on an Aygo Blue... especially of they matched some Black tinted windows!

However its always difficult to tell untill you see them in the metal....

Perhaps some silver alloys with a blue strip running around the edge of the rim?

Try having a look at Revolution 247 for some ideas, this is where I got my alloys from. You can find the prices on there.

Mine are called O.Z Superturismo's and are wrapped in Toyo T1-R's

Good luck :thumbsup: let us know if you do get any and leave us some pictures!

James

Hey dude your car looks gorgous. I think dark colours all around suit the Aygo best but thats just personal preference. just booked mine in for lowering and also getting fogs and tints done soon, hehe cant wait.

Hey dude your car looks gorgous. I think dark colours all around suit the Aygo best but thats just personal preference. just booked mine in for lowering and also getting fogs and tints done soon, hehe cant wait.

Cheers mate!

Sounds good... take some pictures and post them on here... I am thinking of doing tints and foglights too.

James

I'm toying with getting a set of these http://www.topgear.co.uk/acatalog/4x_15_In...50_15_tyres.php for my Carbon Quartz Aygo. Will have to see what the insurance company will hit me with if I do.

they look really cool!

Make sure you get thatcham approved locking bolts such as McGuard size should be M12 * 1.5

James

• 2 weeks later...

jjj_aygo, have you noticed any dramatic change in handling/ride/fuel economy since you've had your posh alloys? They look great...

Cheers mate!

Sounds good... take some pictures and post them on here... I am thinking of doing tints and foglights too.

James

I will do, shes goin in for lowering on the 22nd then tints hopefully closer to the end of the month. Cant get the fog lights anymore from toyota as apparently they have stopped making them for the 05/06 models, bit gutted but oh well. heres a pic of the rear wiper blanked out which i did over the weekend. lets know what ya think.

post-82842-1267955018_thumb.jpg

jjj_aygo, have you noticed any dramatic change in handling/ride/fuel economy since you've had your posh alloys? They look great...

Cheers mate! :thumbsup:

I have definatly noticed much better grip from the standard alloys & tyres especially after their first 100 miles once the releasing compound had been rubbed off!

Can't say I have seen any difference in fuel economy, the wheels are quite light so i think if anything they will help!

They have increased road noise very slightly but a very very small price to pay for the handling and looks! :)

James

Cheers mate!

James

I will do, shes goin in for lowering on the 22nd then tints hopefully closer to the end of the month. Cant get the fog lights anymore from toyota as apparently they have stopped making them for the 05/06 models, bit gutted but oh well. heres a pic of the rear wiper blanked out which i did over the weekend. lets know what ya think.

Such a shame about the fog lights! :(

will put the money towards a new paint job instead lol!

Looks good with the wiper removed! :thumbsup: I'm sure it will look even better once the windows have been tinted!

What kind of tints are you going for?

I want to get the max legal darkness all round :P

U will love your Aygo even more when it has been lowered... u dropping by 35mm all round?

James

Cheers mate!

James

Looks good with the wiper removed! :thumbsup: I'm sure it will look even better once the windows have been tinted!

U will love your Aygo even more when it has been lowered... u dropping by 35mm all round?

James

New paint job, now your just putting ideas into my head, have you had any quotes on how much to spray an aygo? Not sure on the level of tint, dont want to make it look like a van, goin to see if he will do the fronts lightly aswell.

Im going to lower it 25mm all round, I know its not much but it tyres rub a bit as it is when people are in the back, dont want to take fun out of driving it. how does yours fair for rubbing?

Cheers mate!

James

James

New paint job, now your just putting ideas into my head, have you had any quotes on how much to spray an aygo? Not sure on the level of tint, dont want to make it look like a van, goin to see if he will do the fronts lightly aswell.

Im going to lower it 25mm all round, I know its not much but it tyres rub a bit as it is when people are in the back, dont want to take fun out of driving it. how does yours fair for rubbing?

I Haven't got as far as getting quotes yet, but I want it mat black so I can imagine that it will easily be over £1000 :-/

I know what you mean about looking like a van, but I saw a fiat punto in a recent Max Power article that had mat black paint, blacked out lights, full tints & black wheels ... looked sweet as!

I haven't had rubbing from lowering by 35mm even with heavy people in the back! Although, I have got stiffer dampers too so that probably helps!

Do some before and after pictures for us if you can!

James

Cheers mate!

James

James

I Haven't got as far as getting quotes yet, but I want it mat black so I can imagine that it will easily be over £1000 :-/

I know what you mean about looking like a van, but I saw a fiat punto in a recent Max Power article that had mat black paint, blacked out lights, full tints & black wheels ... looked sweet as!

I haven't had rubbing from lowering by 35mm even with heavy people in the back! Although, I have got stiffer dampers too so that probably helps!

Do some before and after pictures for us if you can!

James

That sounds insane! would love to see it on an Aygo.

cool might go lower in the future then but while its still on standard dampers then dont think il go any lower. will definitly put up some pics, been saving it till it gets lowered got them going back to when it was bog standard with basic spec lol keep an eye out for it in the next couple of weeks.

• 6 months later...

Hey!

I just started modding my Aygo platinum, so far all i have done is installed a mutant sub in the boot, tinted all the back windows limo black, and added a black sun strip on the windscreen, oh and a couple of decals.

I just ordered some Lenso RS5 rims from rimstyle.com, got them in black with a polished lip, will upload pics wen the rims arrive :)

59913_1543412459639_1064792405_31575259_7409296_n.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Well this is my aygo.

So far its got:

- TTE Rear Bumper

- TTE Exhaust

- TTE Lowering Springs

- Tinted Windows

- Team Dynamic 1.2 alloys

photo-2.jpg

photo-1.jpg

Plans are to lower it more, better seats, smaller arial and alot more.

Looks awesome! Love the white on black especially the roof!

I assume the TTE lowering springs have lowered it by 30mm?

Looks awesome! Love the white on black especially the roof!

I assume the TTE lowering springs have lowered it by 30mm?

Well, from what i have heard and see, the TTE Lowering Springs only lower it by 20mm. Which is why i want to lower it again somewhen, say, maybe 35mm :)

Today i fitted my gear knob made by a MINI tuners in the states called M7. I think it has improved the look of the interior and also the feel of changing gear :)

IMG_1822.jpg

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links