Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Grooved Discs

johnmaher

bout to order some grooved discs for both ends, but is there a specific way the grooves should point??

leaning forward or leaning back???

any pics of yours will be cool!!!!

In the thread - how much has your T sport changed , Gaz posted a picture and his point...backwards, but they are drilled and grooved

Wouldn't this just depend on the manufacturer?

If you buy them, when they are fitted surely there is only one way they can go on.

If you buy them, when they are fitted surely there is only one way they can go on.

if i put them on leaning forward and then decide to swap sides the angle will then go backwards,

like swappin directional tyres from side to side.

the arrow will go the other way,

i just had another look, they lean back to help get rid of water and pad dust..

ive always been told that with the grooves facing back you get beter progresional braking, but with them facing forward you get a harder bite but the pads dont last as long. if it helps ive always ran them backwards on all cars ive owned, and i venture on track often.

ive always been told that with the grooves facing back you get beter progresional braking, but with them facing forward you get a harder bite but the pads dont last as long. if it helps ive always ran them backwards on all cars ive owned, and i venture on track often.

wicked, thanks for that!!! will stick em on leanin back!!!

thanks lads for your help. muchly appreciated......

if i put them on leaning forward and then decide to swap sides the angle will then go backwards,

like swappin directional tyres from side to side.

the arrow will go the other way,

i just had another look, they lean back to help get rid of water and pad dust..

Yeah! See what you mean, didn't think before I spoke, obviously you can reverse them.

You need to install the discs with the grooves facing the way the manufacturer intended...you cant just swap them around willynilly.....If a disc is meant for the left hand side...stick it on the left hand side and trust that the manufacturer has done the research and made the correct decision as to which way they go....dont go second guessing them.

You need to install the discs with the grooves facing the way the manufacturer intended...you cant just swap them around willynilly.....If a disc is meant for the left hand side...stick it on the left hand side and trust that the manufacturer has done the research and made the correct decision as to which way they go....dont go second guessing them.

Ay well said thats what I ment.

When you order them, they will come with directions regarding the direction of rotation. ;)

As KP said, when i got mine they came with LEFT / RIGHT stickers on them. Just remember that it is the left and right for the car and not as you stand facing it ;) :P

Ay well said thats what I ment.

I knew it was B) :D :D :D :D

been back n double checked, they DO lean back,

hopefully will have a car that stops as good as it go's after!!!

i also knew what you meant eddie!! lol

haha. Next time you press the brake pedal in your car, just imagine you were actually stamping down on rice pudding and you'll get the idea of what it's like using the brakes in my car :D

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links