Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Boot Is Stuck

louise74

Left work tonight chucked my stuff in the boot and pootled off home got home to discover that my boot is completey stuck! Managed to get the parcelshelf off and retrieve my stuff, it was then I discovered the end of my rucksack handle is stuck in the locking mechanism. Any suggestions before I call the RAC (will they deal with that?) or head off to Mr T, if its a job for Mr T will it cost much. Thanks for your help.

Oh dear, i doubt the RAC will be able to sort it without breaking the lock, you could ring them and ask though.

Your best bet might be a trip to Mr T, i would imagine it would only be a half hour of a job, maybe £30-40?? :unsure:

I would ring them first for advice or you could go to a local garage, that might be cheaper.

Having removed the parcel shelf are you able to lower the rear seats so that you can get full access to where the rear door closes? If so, can you not cut the handle off of the rucksack and then try to pull the handle out from either side. Of course this means sacrificing the rucksack and adopting a rather undignified posture. I say go for it. ;) Good luck.

Having removed the parcel shelf are you able to lower the rear seats so that you can get full access to where the rear door closes? If so, can you not cut the handle off of the rucksack and then try to pull the handle out from either side. Of course this means sacrificing the rucksack and adopting a rather undignified posture. I say go for it. ;) Good luck.

Thanks for your advise I practically dismantled my car today and its well and truly stuck, spent nearly an hour crawling about the boot armed with a pair of scissors to no avail, I can't get to the end of the rucksack handle to pull it through the other way.

OK. Another undignified position called for. This time with someone to assist. Lie down with your backside on the (lowered) seat backs with your feet placed on the rear door. Get your assistant to press the pushbutton on the door and try to lift it open. Meanwhile you can give it some carefully applied force and with a bit of luck the door might just shift open. Of course, you need to mind that the door doesn’t suddenly pop open and clout the assistant. On the other hand you may feel that this is a relatively small price to pay if the result is a freed door. Good luck, again. :thumbsup:

• 11 years later...
On 2/22/2010 at 11:09 PM, Yaristotle said:

OK. Another undignified position called for. This time with someone to assist. Lie down with your backside on the (lowered) seat backs with your feet placed on the rear door. Get your assistant to press the pushbutton on the door and try to lift it open. Meanwhile you can give it some carefully applied force and with a bit of luck the door might just shift open. Of course, you need to mind that the door doesn’t suddenly pop open and clout the assistant. On the other hand you may feel that this is a relatively small price to pay if the result is a freed door. Good luck, again. :thumbsup:

So 11 years later and this saved my sanity and pocketbook! The exact same thing happened to me and nothing worked until I found this post through the magic of Google. We're on a road trip and no mechanics open for 2 days so thank you so much Yaristotle if you're still around here.  

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links