Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Celica Headunit Wiring

jjcymru

Just bought my 92' celica GTi today and noticed theres no radio fitted and it seems the wires have been played with but am aware theyre all present but arent sure what colour signifies what on the car.

If someone could inform me of what colours

Ign live

Earth

Permanent live

are then im sure i can work out the rest, but if someone could come up with the lot then theres a beer in it for em!

Many thanks,

Jonathan

Your best bet would be to buy a cheap 12v tester or even rige one up with a bulb and 2 wires,just knock the ignition off pull key and go through all the wires until you get the bulb to light up or tester to read 12v that would be your perm live, then do the same with the ignition once youve found another live turn ignition off, if the bulb switches of or tester drops from 12v to 0v thats your switched live, as for a earth they are normally black, but if you cant find a earth run one from either bodywork or earth on Battery. by the way make sure both lives switched and perm have fuses 10 amp (red ones) should be enough.

Hope that helps you out :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links