Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Lexus Ct 200h Leaks

wooski

Lexus CT200h Leak

It's basicly an upmarket Prius in Lexus drag - which I'm sure is exactly what alot of customers will be looking for. It uses the same drivetrain - although "power" mode now becomes "sport". It's on a slightly shorter wheelbase (2,600 v 2,700) (so rear room won't be as good - but then it is C segment and not D like the Prius) and has a more expensive independent rear suspension (so handling will be better). No doubt CO2 will be below 100, in the mid 90's I would have thought. And of course it will have a much higher quality interior as its a Lexus (no hard plastics here).

It will be interesting as I'm sure some potential Lexus buyers have wandered to the Toyota dealer next door and bought a Prius T-Spirit. This will win those customers back. Pricing will be very interesting.

Due at the end of the year.

My two pence worth but why the move to C segment cars? Toyota with their Auris hybrid and now Lexus. Could do with some more bigger hybrids such as the Camry or even an Avensis hybrid. I'm sure I've read somewhere that Toyota hope to make most of their range with a hybrid model soon. Is it true or just hearsay?

My two pence worth but why the move to C segment cars?

Lexus are after a share of the lucrative A3 / 1 series money.

Big profits to be had from little cars. B)

On the face of it, it would not attract me back to Lexus.

The Prius is on the lower margin of acceptable performance for me and if it was made heavier by a more sophisticated suspension system, a plusher interior and lots of Lexus goodies, I fear it would fall below that margin. It is significant that the leaked information says nothing about weight and h.p.

I would find a FWD hybrid version of the IS250, with a decent, quiet six cylinder engine, much more attractive. For those who need more space, why not import the hybrid Camry?

On the face of it, it would not attract me back to Lexus.

The Prius is on the lower margin of acceptable performance for me and if it was made heavier by a more sophisticated suspension system, a plusher interior and lots of Lexus goodies, I fear it would fall below that margin. It is significant that the leaked information says nothing about weight and h.p.

I would find a FWD hybrid version of the IS250, with a decent, quiet six cylinder engine, much more attractive. For those who need more space, why not import the hybrid Camry?

The car is smaller than the Prius - so maybe it will end up a similiar weight. I suppose more info will come out in the autumn. The Auris hybrid (again with the same 1.8ltr engine) may end up the lightest and most accelerate version.

The HS250 is effectively the hybrid IS - but is Japan and US only. It has a 2.4 ltr Atkinson cycle engine. Fuel consumption is 30% down on the Prius though (on US EPA figures). I wonder how much of this is due to weight?

Some reports say this car will have a more powerful engine ("Lexus hasn’t revealed performance figures for the CT200h, but it is expected to produce considerably more than the 98bhp and 105lb ft in the Prius" - Autocar 26/2/10) and it will be more sporty than the Prius.

Lexus-25210101212484131600x1060.jpgLexus-2521010321371711600x1060.jpg

Sorry, it might be the February blue's, but it just doesn't look very sporty to me! :unsure: :(

It just looks like an.....ordinary five door hatchback. :huh:

Some reports say this car will have a more powerful engine ("Lexus hasn’t revealed performance figures for the CT200h, but it is expected to produce considerably more than the 98bhp and 105lb ft in the Prius" - Autocar 26/2/10) and it will be more sporty than the Prius.

Lexus-25210101212484131600x1060.jpgLexus-2521010321371711600x1060.jpg

Sorry, it might be the February blue's, but it just doesn't look very sporty to me! :unsure: :(

It just looks like an.....ordinary five door hatchback. :huh:

It looks to me like what the Auris should have been.

I really would have thought they'd have gone for the 2.5 litre version. Maybe sticking to the 1.8 keeps things simple for parts etc but it'll hardly been a sporty car.

If had been out when I was looking, and at the right price, I'd have bought one over the Prius.

And the only reason is that the cabin just, imho, looks so much smarter and less cheap and tacky as the Prius. But as I said above, I don't know the cost.

However, I have what I have, quite enjoy it, and am not about to swap.

It is given a page in the February 2010 sales pamphlet received from Lexus this morning. It is long on hype and short on hard technical information. There is an invitation to register an interest but, though it opens with the words "the CT200h has arrived" there is no information about the date when it will be available.

The vehicle illustrated is a 2-door.

If had been out when I was looking, and at the right price, I'd have bought one over the Prius.

And the only reason is that the cabin just, imho, looks so much smarter and less cheap and tacky as the Prius. But as I said above, I don't know the cost.

Top of the range 123d M sport (5 door) costs 26.5K (without toys :D ), so I would expect this to be around the 25-26K mark. :unsure:

It is given a page in the February 2010 sales pamphlet received from Lexus this morning. It is long on hype and short on hard technical information. There is an invitation to register an interest but, though it opens with the words "the CT200h has arrived" there is no information about the date when it will be available.

The vehicle illustrated is a 2-door.

Press release says production starts end of this year. Presumably available in the UK in Spring next year. The 3G Prius took from approx April to late July to make it to first customers.

I suspect quite a few T-Spirit owners would agree with you. Especially if it does indeed come in under 100g CO2 as most people expect.

That interior will be for the top spec SE-L or SE-L Premium version though - the Mark Levinson stereo gives it away. Though I'd imagine the basic SE will still be s****y.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links