Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Possibly Getting A Corolla

Chinese Rose

Well as the title says I mightbe getting a corolla. Its a 2.0D4D T3 53 plate with 51k on it. Its up for sale for 4495 which looks to not be a bad price. Does anyone have the bhp of this car my insurance company tells me its 89 which seems a bit low for a 2l and Im worried it might be a bit flat. Given that Im selling my current car (volvo s40) due to problems I was wondering how reliable these cars are, if they are problematic before I go ahead I dont want another car that spends every week in the garage.

Thanks

You should find some useful reviews about the car on this site:

http://www.parkers.co.uk/cars/reviews/#

According to that, you are right re BHP of 89. 0-60 time is 12.2 seconds, top speed 112mph, economy 45mpg.. A bit flat for a 2 litre right enough, I assume it doesn't have a turbo. I think the newer 1400 diesel does have a turbo, and gets better reviews. Although it has same BHP at 89, it is slightly slower (0-60 12.9 secs, top speed 112mph) but has far better economy at 58mpg.

For maybe £1k more you could get an SR model which is no means flat... runs at '116bhp' and gets a good return on fuel consumption...

and depending what your into a few subtle mods can get the car pushing '140 bhp' (yet to R-R test my car to back that figure up) and still get a good return on mpg! :thumbsup:

The 2.0 D4-D is turbo'd, it just has no intercooler. Even with a low bhp figure diesels are in gear cars, its not going to make the world start spinning in the other direction but its more than drivable (just depends if you wanna go fast or drive normally!) Its going to be reliable and should give you a nice return on MPG.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links