Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Which Handsfree Option?

Fluffy01016

I'm taking delivery of my new Prius on Tuesday (T3 in black) and I'm going to need a bluetooth handsfree kit installed for work. I spend about 4 hrs a day in the car and a handsfree kit will be essential. My company would only allow me to have the T3 Prius and I enquired with the dealer about them fitting a kit for me. The price of this was a whopping £275 +vat. This is far more than I want to pay and so I asked a local electronics company about fitting a Parrot ck3100. This option will cost me £165 +vat and that incleds the adapter needed for the Prius. My question to fellow Pirus owners was, which option/system will be best for handsfree? I fancy either the Parrot ck3100, Parrot ck3200 or the Bury 9060. The second question was around how easy it will be to fit a kit myself if I order the correct adapter and a kit from the internet? I am reasonable with all things electrical, but I wasn't sure how easy it will be to remove the Prius radio and if there is enough room behind the stereo for the kit?

Thanks in advance to all!!

The genuine Toyota HFK is £180 but a bit cheaper from Kingo ;)

It does take 1.5 hours to fit tho, so consider this in your budget

Kingo :thumbsup:

my wife's car got garmin satnav.

its got built-in bluetooth and fm transmitter. voice comes through the speaker (via fm)

cost 149 pounds.

I've got a tomtom go 920t with built in bluetooth but it's not as good as the kit I have in my mondeo. I want a bluetooth kit that will mute the stereo when a call comes in and plays through the car Speakers. I've had a parrot ck3100 before and it was very good. Im leaning towards this kit but unsure wether to pay £50 fitting or do it myself

is that kit better than a parrot?

is that kit better than a parrot?

TBH I have no idea how the Parrot one works, I have never used one, but the Toyota HFK mutes the stereo when a call comes in and plays the call through the standard Speakers. I never use any address book features or anything like that, I use it for basic receiving of calls. I'm using it in an Urban Cruiser

I'm taking delivery of my new Prius on Tuesday (T3 in black)

A T3 in black? That's the best car in the best colour ;)

A T3 in black? That's the best car in the best colour ;)

+1 :thumbsup:

The second question was around how easy it will be to fit a kit myself if I order the correct adapter and a kit from the internet? I am reasonable with all things electrical, but I wasn't sure how easy it will be to remove the Prius radio and if there is enough room behind the stereo for the kit?

Thanks in advance to all!!

Have a look at this thread on the Prius Cat forum.

http://priuschat.com/forums/gen-iii-2010-p...it-upgrade.html

Might give you some answers.

I decided to get someone to fit the handsfree for me. I'm faily competent but the attached document from Pruischat made it look a bit daunting. Gone for the MKI9200 Parrot kit and having it fitted on Tuesday when the car arrives. The iPhone connectivity is what sold it to me and I'll be saving £200 a month using the Prius as my company car instead of the Mondeo. £275 including the adpater fitted is a lot but hopefully it will last for years!!

• 1 year later...

I decided to get someone to fit the handsfree for me. I'm faily competent but the attached document from Pruischat made it look a bit daunting. Gone for the MKI9200 Parrot kit and having it fitted on Tuesday when the car arrives. The Iphone connectivity is what sold it to me and I'll be saving £200 a month using the Prius as my company car instead of the Mondeo. £275 including the adpater fitted is a lot but hopefully it will last for years!!

Fluffy, can you give me a review of the MKI9200 in your Prius - I need to fit a hands free and Ipod kit and this is the one I am leaning towards

The Parrot is absolutely brilliant. Would have another without thinking twice. iPhone charging and streaming is really useful and stops me needing to take my iPhone charger with me when I stay away with work. Audio quality is great and apparently it's very good on the other end of the call. Only gripe I would have is that the voice calling doesn't like the word "Mum" and "Home". I've had to rename these "Mother" and "Bardney" but this has fixed it.

If I could summarise in 2 words........GET IT!!!!

I'm confused... My Prius has handsfree built in... Does that not come as standard on the t3 and t4 ??

I'm confused... My Prius has handsfree built in... Does that not come as standard on the t3 and t4 ??

The T4 has handsfree but the built in system has space in the memory for 20 names - really useful - Not!

Fluffy - thanks for the feedback - do you control it from the steering wheel buttons?

The T4 has handsfree but the built in system has space in the memory for 20 names - really useful - Not!

Fluffy - thanks for the feedback - do you control it from the steering wheel buttons?

The Parrot comes with a seperate remote control. This has 5 buttons and a rotary button for accesing menu's. See photo below for my configuration

photowod.jpg

T4, yes. T3, no.

We learn something every day!

Indeed. The T4 hands-free sounds a lot less sophisticated than the T-Spirit. I have dozens of contacts in mine and I have yet to come up against a limit other than the one in the Speed dial list.

I find the call history tab very useful in quickly finding contacts to whom I have spoken previously.

Indeed. The T4 hands-free sounds a lot less sophisticated than the T-Spirit. I have dozens of contacts in mine and I have yet to come up against a limit other than the one in the Speed dial list.

I find the call history tab very useful in quickly finding contacts to whom I have spoken previously.

As a P.S. - I was updating some voice tags today and noticed that the system will store up to 1000 contacts.

As a P.S. - I was updating some voice tags today and noticed that the system will store up to 1000 contacts.

Lol, I'm not sure I know that many people!

To be honest, if youre using an iPhone you dont really need to store any numbers in the car as the iPhone voice control works great.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links