Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

What To Look Out For?

mgbgt2

I'm thinking of buying an Aygo between 2-3 years old.

What common problems should I look out for when inspecting and test driving the car?

Are there any specific problems that would make a potential buy a total avoid?

Thanks

I'm thinking of buying an Aygo between 2-3 years old.

What common problems should I look out for when inspecting and test driving the car?

Are there any specific problems that would make a potential buy a total avoid?

Thanks

Not a lot of problems really, apart from the 'leaking' you've probably read about on this website. Some Aygos leak, some don't. Mine has never leaked, and I've never had a problem with it. Some have, though. Best thing is to check the carpets etc when you look at one, and if there isn't any dampness, or nothing unusual, you should be fine. Otherwise, mine has been trouble-free. Other people might be able to offer more in-depth advice than me, but from experience, if nothing weird shows up at inspection/test-drive, you should be fine. I love every minute of driving my Aygo, and owning it is a pleasure what with Toyota's fantastic customer care that I've experienced.

Of course, if you notice anything that sends shivers down your spine, it's probably a good idea to avoid! But that shouldn't happen. Good luck :D

These suggestions are based on what was wrong with my Aygo when I bought it aged 2 ;-)

- check the water pump (with open bonnet: to the left of the engine) and check for a pink ring of leaked coolant fluid.

- with cold engine, rev a bit with the door open. If you hear a sharp noise from the muffler, some of the partitions within the muffler are loose. Often with cars with low mileage (the muffler then never reaches operating temperature, resulting in water remaining inside the muffler and causing corrosion)

- try whether the side mirrors can be adjusted easily. If they've been adjusted often (e.g. 2 different regular drivers), the adjustment mechanism may have worn out.

In the Netherlands, Toyota's have 3 year warranty. All the above were solved (through replacements) under warranty. I've owned it for 5 months now ;-) And yes, I'm very happy with it.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links