Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Steering Wheel Swap?

wardude

Yo dudes

just wondered if the newer type steering wheel in the Rav will be easily fitted into my 06 T180?? The newer wheel looks fatter and softer. Im not keen on mine as its a bit skinny to hold. Also any idea on price??

all best

Shaun

Funny you should say that because I read a magazine article on the newer RAV and they seemed more taken by the steering wheel than they did about anything else. I suppose it is quite comfortable and you dont seem to notice that Austin Allegro bump in the bottom which I presume is to provide more kneeroom. It is a fat chunky thing but while mine is new it is a bit smooth and not quite as easy to grip unless you hold those thumb grips.

It is probably possible to change it as far as the spline goes but then you have to consider if the steering wheel controls and more importantly the air bag are compatible. Kingo can probably tell you the cost but I think I would sit tight on that one until one pops up from a crash job (with air bag OK) on eBay as I can imagine that will be a very expensive error if something doesn't work.

cheers bud. Whos Kingo?? I did a member search but cant find him

Kingo [member name Parts-King] is our parts guru who works for a main dealer and offers us a discount on genuine parts and an excellent service :thumbsup:

Use Marksys instructions copied below to find/contact him:

Click on "Members" at the top for the members list.

When the Members List appears, click on the "Use advanced filters" button (top-right) and enter "Parts-King" for the name. Then click on the "Apply Filters" button (bottom-left of the search filter).

His profile should appear, then click on the envelope icon to "PM this member".

I think you are approaching this from the wrong direction. The problem is not with the steering wheel but with your hands.

Your hands need to be puffier to provide that softer extra grip you crave.

The solution is to visit a local B&Q/screwfix type of establishment - machinemart have them for def.

Its a rubber mallet.

You use the rubber mallet to batter your hands until they become puffy and swollen. Using rubber mallet will ensure that the skin doesn't break. The beauty of this solution is that you can easily tune the level of grip by the number of mallet blows. It will save you a fortune; the controls on the wheel will remain intact; the airbag will probably work as normal; your handshake will be much admired; and when people say to you "get a grip" you can really show off!!!!

Its a rubber mallet.

A less painful method might be to stop the blood supply to your hands (like when you've been lying on one). Doesn't everything feel oversized then?

Its a rubber mallet.

A less painful method might be to stop the blood supply to your hands (like when you've been lying on one). Doesn't everything feel oversized then?

Or you could wear boxing gloves :boxing: The added advantage to this would be that other drivers would stay well clear of you + for a total effect rub viagara in your eyes so you look hard :fear: but then you might have to remove boxing gloves in order to turn the radio up, so maybe not a good idea then :unsure: Back to the drawing board.. :wacko: Stew

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links