Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Lpg On 1.4 Auris ?

vova88

hi evrybody i want to instal LPG on my auris 1.4 VVT-I 16V i know the prize its gonna cost me 1850€ if i instal it but is it an good or bad idea ????

regrads vova88

I heard that VVTi engines don't like lpg. Don't know exact words in english to say but it's about too soft valves.

I hardly see any toyota's with lpg.

A 1.4 engine with a lpg conversion. That sounds exciting.....not! dont bother, the power drop will be too much for that size of engine. The car might as well be powered by a hair dryer afterwards. Stop being so tight and accept that a 1.4 engine will be economical enough

hi evrybody i want to instal LPG on my auris 1.4 VVT-I 16V i know the prize its gonna cost me 1850€ if i instal it but is it an good or bad idea ????

regrads vova88

There is only minimal power loss after conversion to LPG (proper conversion not some DIY offered often in UK). I have heard that VVTi engines are not the best as Jarod said but there are also many people with 1.8/1.6 engines that have been using LPG for years with no issues at all. Search on Toyota forum.

Back on thread.........:lol:

Toyota specifically exclude LPG conversions from warranty, so if your car was IN the warranty period then the engine would be excluded

Kingo :thumbsup:

the reason why i want to instal it my fuel tank is fast empty and it cost to mutch for me and for the valves its an spesial systeem on LPG so i donty know what to do instal or keep it on stock fuel

thx

Providing you are out of warranty I can give you the following information.

My brother has ran 2 Avensis on lpg conversions covering over 120000 miles without a single issue.I am no expert but one of the installations uses a system called brocade which provides extra lubrication for the valve seats.

We currently have in our family an Auris 2.0D4D manual and a Mazda 3 Auto.My wife does a lot of mileage in traffic and loves my auto for those mornings when her shifts involve rush hour traffic.

I have just converted the 3 to lpg at a cost of £1350 and do not expect to lose money when I come to sell.I can tell you there is no better feeling at the moment than pulling up to the pump and paying 49p per litre and listening to everyone complaining about the price of petrol.

Providing you are covering enough miles go for it.I wish I had done it when I first bought the car.

Good luck and do not let the luddites put you off.

I am converted as is my car

Providing you are out of warranty I can give you the following information.

My brother has ran 2 Avensis on lpg conversions covering over 120000 miles without a single issue.I am no expert but one of the installations uses a system called brocade which provides extra lubrication for the valve seats.

We currently have in our family an Auris 2.0D4D manual and a Mazda 3 Auto.My wife does a lot of mileage in traffic and loves my auto for those mornings when her shifts involve rush hour traffic.

I have just converted the 3 to lpg at a cost of £1350 and do not expect to lose money when I come to sell.I can tell you there is no better feeling at the moment than pulling up to the pump and paying 49p per litre and listening to everyone complaining about the price of petrol.

Providing you are covering enough miles go for it.I wish I had done it when I first bought the car.

Good luck and do not let the luddites put you off.

I am converted as is my car

ok thx and i gonna instal LPG on my auris :)

cant beat proper fuel though, yes lpg is cheap but its poo for performance

i can switch on petrol 2 if i want when i instal LPG its no prombleem and yes i got less power when i pul shomting with my car

Im not sure if it worth doing on such a small engine, but i have had it done to many of my cars. It makes more sense on big engines such as 2.0+ both my lexus's have lpg on them and not a problem, cheap to drive no problems, and performance differs by only a split second. People assume that lpg has crap performance but ive yet to notice the difference apart from the running costs...

entirely your own decision any questions just pm me

lpg on a 1.4....??i see the point on big thirsty v8,straight 6's etc some thing with very poor mpg but a 1.4 these wee engines are amazing on fuel so if yours isn't try not pushing the pedal to the floor so much.....

lpg on a 1.4....??i see the point on big thirsty v8,straight 6's etc some thing with very poor mpg but a 1.4 these wee engines are amazing on fuel so if yours isn't try not pushing the pedal to the floor so much.....

my auris dont even has the power to pull normaly up when i put the pedal on the floor so i dont do it no more it only cost alto of money if i doo it ...

Why not? Why not run the car for a half price? Power loss ? 5-10% is max.

In Poland there are many panda's or seicento's with lpg. 6l of lpg per 100km - cost 3,5 euro per 100km

Why not? Why not run the car for a half price? Power loss ? 5-10% is max.

In Poland there are many panda's or seicento's with lpg. 6l of lpg per 100km - cost 3,5 euro per 100km

i think its gonna be instaled next year

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links