Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Alloy Wheel Advice

bravohlx

I am an owner of a T3 Prius and I love everything about it except the 15" wheels.

My previous cars all had lower profile tyres and to see that much tyre wall I think detracts from the look of the car.

I want to fit 17" wheels. I went to my local dealer to confirm the fitment/offset after a bit of keyboard taping he told me that I may not be able to change them, something about it may affect the motor :eek: so he gave me the number of Toyota technical.

Has any body else changed their 15" wheels to 17" or larger?

Any advice re the offset would be appreciated. :thumbsup:

From my research it seems 5/100 ET35-38 would be OK but I do not want to invalidate any warranties if my dealer would not recommend the change.

It's not the first time I have come away confused after asking their advice!!

I think OEM 17" equipped cars have a different steering rack that wont let them scrub the tires whereas the 15" cars have a tighter turning circle. It relates to the wheel width = 15" are 195 and 17" are 215. 2cm makes the difference.

Quick check to specs and the steering is quite different. 15" cars get 3.7 turns lock to lock whereas the 17" cars are 2.8. Turning radius 5.2m on the 15" and 5.5 on the 17".

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links