Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

98 Celica (Beams).. Need Help

luder

A few weeks ago the engine check light came on... The car went into safemode, would not rev over 3k revs etc. Its a 98 3SGE redtop beams engine.

I got a diagnostics check done, it indicated a mass air flow problem. The temperature readings from the air flow meter were fluctuating as normal on the diagnostic computer but the mass air reading was not moving or changing when the engine was reved. I presumed it was the air flow meter, however after changing it for a new unit the problem still persists. the car fault has been cleared by the diagnostics machine but the engine light appears almost immediately.

My thinking now is that the wiring from the afm to the ecu might be damaged causing the fault.. Has anyone ever experienced a fault similar to this? or does anybody have any other solutions as to what the problem maybe?

Any help is greatly appreciated :thumbsup:

i'd say your on the right track, if the AFM has been replaced and the fault persists then either you've been unlucky enough to get a dud AFM or there is another electrical issue.

have you had a diagnostic's done on the new AFM?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links