Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Gearbox

propellor

Hi all, quick one for you all!(I hope).

Does anyone know how to get the speedo drive assembly out of the 1.3 starlet gearbox?

I have a knackered gearbox with a good speedo drive and a good gearbox with a knackered drive. The good box is in the car, and the car is goin for test next week...

I could do without getting another box from the scrapper for the sake of the speedo!

Oh, I already checked the cable, and the car doesnt have one of those mph/kph converters that can sometimes give problems

Any help would be fantastic as I know how fragile little cast alloy bits are and dont want to trash the thing.

thanks in advance,

Jim

• 2 weeks later...

there should be a bolt holding a bracket, which is kind of a 'C' shape and wrapped around the speedo drive, this undoes and the assembley (in theory) just jiggles out.

thanks for the reply I thought that was the method unfortunatley I think my jiggling was a bit vigorous resulting in breakage of said assembly.

As luck would have it though I just bought a whole car (accident damaged)for the same price as I could get a gearbox from the scrapper! the car really isnt to badly damaged and has a better engine than mine, so now the plan is just to swap the engine and 'box in one hit and flog what I dont need :thumbsup: its not often things go my way but fingers crossed this wil be one of them :)

Thanks again for the reply

Jim

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links