Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2.0 Vvti Auto 2007 Tspirit

GeorgeJoseph

Hello All,

I think it is time for me to put down my thoughts about the 56 reg(2007) 2.0 VVTi Auto T Spirit I bought last month. Till date I have done 1300 miles - in the last one month. Current mileage is 64533.

Mileage is inbetween 22-26 MPG. 22 MPG when I keep pressing the throttle and 26 MPG , when I dont press the throttle unless there is a need to( Hypermiling technique - Coast and Burn) . Obviously, I am not coasting because in auto there is no way to disengage the clutch unless I switch to neutral ( which I dont/wont). I am not very sad about the mileage, my older avensis used to return more or less the same mileage in the similar weekday runs, the only plus is that I have much more power from the 1AZFSE than the older 4AFE. When I actually get 26 MPG, the computer reports more MPG - 27.2 currently. The car is so quiet that once the air circulation and stereo is switched off, the only sound I can hear is the tyres gripping the road, I have to listen keenly to figure out the engine revs..that is a difference (not good/not bad..just a difference) for me , because I got quite used to listening to my older avensis rev up.

Comfort - I am amazed at the extra space compared to the older avensis, the electric seats, extra boot space ..all very good.

I have taken out the toyota extended warranty for 2 years. If any issues,the only one I can note about, is that when using the car in "D" mode and not sequential shift, engine braking does not happen( I think the manual mentions this as well).

Else, I am very happy with it, I look forward to driving it everyday. No oil dips in the last 1300 miles and overall a very smooth engine..

• 3 weeks later...

Bought one. Love it. Only gripe, if any, is a slight 'grumble/extra noise/moan/whatever LOL) when I pull away for a split second. After that split second all is quiet! Engine runs sweet. Gearbox is quiet and changes ultra smooth. No idea what the noise is....may investigate further. Maybe a normal sound??

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links