Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Custom Heat Shield On My Seo

97paseo

Been meaning to have a go at this for ages as the Green filter sits a bit close to the engine.

Before:

engine_bay_before_resize.sized.jpg

Used heat sheild material from Demon Tweeks as recomended by Dawesy ( ;) ) reduces temps by up to 85%.

Not sure if my first attempt is any good, what do you guys think?

After:

heat_shield_bayresize.sized.jpg

heat_shield_1resize.sized.jpg

heat_shield_2resize.sized.jpg

Dodgy close-up:

Heat_shield_CUresize.sized.jpg

Quite prepared to ditch it of its not going to make a difference - excuse all the crud on in the engine bay! :rolleyes:

Looks ok aslong as it cant spin round coz if if it ends up blocking air rather than heat that could b a prob!

Should help tho.

I was looking at the Max Power with the Malta Seo in(mmmmmmmm....malta seo....) Lol and there is a completely different induction kit on it!!!! Its a long neck one that seems to disappear downwards towards the gaps in the gorgeous front bumper(mmmm....)

Ive just read the engine spec and here is it.....

1497cc, 4 cylinder, 16valve, custom turbo conversion using turbonetics ball bearing racing turbo, tial wastegate, custom stainless steel piping, 2in intercooling piping, blitz stainless steel air filter, custom ECU, 2x330cc injectors, magnecor leads, racing 500bhp fuel pump, pace intercooler, turbo XS dump valve and boost controller, Blitz turbo timer, NGK Iridium spark plugs, competition breather system, samco hoses, MSD boost timing master, competition engine mounts, power steering and air conditioning removed, 2.5 in exhaust piping

So not much, Can you get a blitz induction kit for the seo? :wacko:

WOW two posts at the same time???!!!??? ;) <_< ;)

Could you just use a piece of Samco hose to move the filter further away? ;) :blink: <_<

Could you just use a piece of Samco hose to move the filter further away? ;)  :blink:  <_<

Could do but the problem is the air sensor. <_<

The shield can't spin round it's ancored in place. The other option is to make something like this but I doubt it would work on the Seo...

filter01.jpg

filter03.gif

http://member.newsguy.com/~gtfour/filtrbo2.html

what about if you used the hose between the filter and the intake adaptor? I think the sensor is on the intake hose bit isnt it? if so could you not just go from that, to the filter which could be closer to the front of the car?

Just an idea as that was something that i was thinking about doing from the min i get a filter?!?

Have you noticed a difference mate?

I have a sheet of 2mm alloy waiting for me to get the energy/time/inclination to do summat with it :lol:

Haven't taken it for a run yet - find out tomorrow but I doubt it'll make much difference!

if so could you not just go from that, to the filter which could be closer to the front of the car?

Yea could do I guess, have to consider that one I think.

You're so resourseful, Si! That's a very similar setup to mine, but I haven't really seen an improvement, of course the Green kit is significantly closer to the engine.

And where is everyone getting those fantastic images of their cars?!?! Can I have one for my Cabrio?

Samco do universal hoses that you can just buy if you know the size and length etc.

The images, im not where they came from but i jnst adjusted the one that paseo 97 has!!!! :D Cheeky i know!!! :D

I think that i might have to have a look at that samco idea, it might look something like this??!!??

post-47-1077139096.jpg

it might look something like this??!!??

Yea I was thinking of sitting it off to one side where the old air box was. Someone needs to find out the sizes!!!

And where is everyone getting those fantastic images of their cars?!?! Can I have one for my Cabrio?

'Yannick' is doing custom one's for loads of us on Gold. He's really clever with them. :thumbsup: I noticed you'd nicked that Matt! :o :rolleyes::lol:

You're so resourseful, Si!

Don't know about that!! :lol::lol:

As for an improvement I took it for a proper run on the way to work today & I don't know if it's just my imagination but it feels different - it's changed the filter note for sure, it's more 'raspy' than before. :arrgg-matey:

Not sure if I'll keep it though! The strut brace was amasing through the fast roundabouts - I was well impressed! B)

How hard was it to work with that material??

Not that bad - it's quite rigid but at the same time flexible & just about thin enough for a normal pair of scissors to cut through it.

That one is called Nimbus Lite in the Demon Motorsport catologue - was about £20. :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links