Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Club Toyota

Chris Dance

I received a letter today from Club Toyota informing me they are changing from RAC to AA for members breakdown and recovery wef 31st March. Does anybody know the reason for this change?

Many years ago with a young family we broke down in a remote spot in the Yorkshire Dales. I had to walk a long way to a phone box, (no mobile phones in those days). Eventually I got through to the AA who informed me I was too far out and they had no patrols in that area. It was a good job we had cars you could work on and most drivers at that time carried a tool box. After removing cleaning and gapping the plugs and cleaning distributor points I got the car going myself. I complained to the AA about the ordeal but got no satisfaction. From then on I have always used the RAC. I do hope the modern AA has improved from the old days. Any views on the AA of today. I shall still remain a Club Toyota member.

I would think that Toyotas decision to swap breakdown providers was due to "Market Forces"

They have negotiated a better deal with the AA

I doubt if the average Toyota driver will notice any difference in the service received............Most Toyota drivers never need the breakdown service.

I was member of the AA for years and years and had absolutely no problem with the roadside patrol guys, helped me out loads of times when I had some real rough cars (did anyone mention Ford :unsure::lol::lol: ).

I think I only left in the end because of a combination of the fact that at that time I didn't like the guys who took over the AA, sorry I know there is a proper name for them but I'm too tired to think of it, anyway the reports at the time were that they were assist strippers. And the fact I got free roadside assistance with a new (to me :lol: ) BMW.

So I don't think we have anything to worry about on that score. The only concern might be that they might not have seen many Prius's, especially when it comes to things like flat 12V batteries. :unsure:

I also believe the discount we had with the RAC for family non-Toyota's will not be so generous with the AA. :(

I would think that Toyotas decision to swap breakdown providers was due to "Market Forces"

They have negotiated a better deal with the AA

I doubt if the average Toyota driver will notice any difference in the service received............Most Toyota drivers never need the breakdown service.

I have never needed to call the AA since owning a Toyota (over 7 years), but I remained a member even after taking my shares from Centrica, and having the option of Toyota Club membership available to me because of the decent members discounts available.

The AA has improved since it was sold on by Centrica when it probably concluded that cars won't be running on Natural Gas anytime soon :lol:

I have needed them for my partner's cars occasionally, before we got her a Yaris last year. Call out time varies with weather, time etc, and sometimes if it is a homestart you will get a local garage turn out rather than an AA patrolman. If they are going to be later than the time estimated when first called they will ring and let you know, and they will also give priority to any single female drivers stuck on a lonely road.

I wander whether existing AA members will get a discount for owning a Toyota. :lol:

I received a letter today from Club Toyota informing me they are changing from RAC to AA for members breakdown and recovery wef 31st March. Does anybody know the reason for this change?

Many years ago with a young family we broke down in a remote spot in the Yorkshire Dales. I had to walk a long way to a phone box, (no mobile phones in those days). Eventually I got through to the AA who informed me I was too far out and they had no patrols in that area. It was a good job we had cars you could work on and most drivers at that time carried a tool box. After removing cleaning and gapping the plugs and cleaning distributor points I got the car going myself. I complained to the AA about the ordeal but got no satisfaction. From then on I have always used the RAC. I do hope the modern AA has improved from the old days. Any views on the AA of today. I shall still remain a Club Toyota member.

I left the RAC and went to the AA for a similar reasons. :huh:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links