Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rattling Inlet Manifold

Zammy

Hi all,

Got a horrible rattling noise coming from me 2002 Corolla 1.4vvti when I hit around 3000 revs, was told by toyota on my last service that it was rattling inlet manifold and wanted more than £500 to fix it!!! No way do i want to pay that much, does anyone know if it can be done cheaper, is it a big job?? Will i need a new manifold or is it just a case of tightening some screws???

sounds more like it could be one of the heat shields rattling rather than the manifold itself.

If that is the case then its just tighten the screws up

• Like 1

sounds more like it could be one of the heat shields rattling rather than the manifold itself.

If that is the case then its just tighten the screws up

Heat shield?? Sorry not really clued up on engines, where about are they in the engine??

Usually around the exhaust area, basically just thin sheets of metal, if they come loose they can touch parts of the engine. wont cause any damage, just an annoying rattling noise. Like a metal on metal noise

Hi all,

Got a horrible rattling noise coming from me 2002 Corolla 1.4vvti when I hit around 3000 revs, was told by toyota on my last service that it was rattling inlet manifold and wanted more than £500 to fix it!!! No way do i want to pay that much, does anyone know if it can be done cheaper, is it a big job?? Will i need a new manifold or is it just a case of tightening some screws???

I had the exact same problem on my '04 1.4. Around the same revs, a really horrible rattling noise.

Mine was caused by a buggered inlet manifold aswell, I belive it's caused by part of it cracking inside, this fault was fixed on FL models though (Which is weird, because mine is a FL but I still got the fault, just unlucky I guess)

Anyway, I also got quoted a downright outrageous amount, and in the end I got a manifold from a scrapped 55 plate 1.4 for £60, and the fitting wasnt much more than that either at my local garage, and now it sounds good as new :)

Good luck! :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links