Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rav Fuel Pump

cashsteve

Thanks to anyone who helped me with my last problem. My wifes car runs much better now but for the fact that it has a fuel leak. This is from the top of the fuel pump plate? where the pipes exit. It would appear that one of the pipes has corroded through. Is it possible to purchase just the plate or do i need a whole fuel pump assembly? Not too worried if i have to replace the lot but would sooner not have to. It is leaking quite a bit when the engine is running and I think this is not only a serious saftey issue but is causing the car to lose fuel. Is this a common fault and to save any major stripping is there any kind of sealer i could use to stop it. I checked the MOT history of the car on the DOT website and it seems to have had the leak for a few years as it did fail its test one time because of a fuel leak. Im hoping this is the last Problem with this car.

What can I expect in mpg for this car, it is not driven hard although it does not have long runs.

Thanks in advance for any help or advice offered.

Thanks to anyone who helped me with my last problem. My wifes car runs much better now but for the fact that it has a fuel leak. This is from the top of the fuel pump plate? where the pipes exit. It would appear that one of the pipes has corroded through. Is it possible to purchase just the plate or do i need a whole fuel pump assembly? Not too worried if i have to replace the lot but would sooner not have to. It is leaking quite a bit when the engine is running and I think this is not only a serious saftey issue but is causing the car to lose fuel. Is this a common fault and to save any major stripping is there any kind of sealer i could use to stop it. I checked the MOT history of the car on the DOT website and it seems to have had the leak for a few years as it did fail its test one time because of a fuel leak. Im hoping this is the last Problem with this car.

What can I expect in mpg for this car, it is not driven hard although it does not have long runs.

hello cashsteve

normally all four joints are screwed in the pump cover and most probably the leak/s available right in joint (cone surface + pipe edge cone).

Due to vibration there might be tightening releasing giving such leak/s -- so in static condition -- you can try to release problem pipe nut just to have it well positioned in the joint cone. In case both contact surfaces (pipe/joint)have no bends etc -- this must to cure leak/s. But never release this nut when enging is running. I deem this will help you to make yr next step. Cheers/Igor

What age is your car?

Yes - it is a common problem depending on where you live/where the car has been - the pipes corrode from where you mention and also on the breather pipe up towards the filler cap..together with the main filler pipe. Once these things start leaking, its a pain to fix. But there are sealants around to do the job - just need to make sure you use the right one, and that ewverything is clean. However, I found that when things were geting that bad, it was time to change stuff. i did try a part renewal but a small leak has developed again and at £1.20 a litre its a costly problem.

Or you can try torching the car - stand well back and throw a match but don't tell the insurance company and of course, I didn't tell you!! :eek:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links