Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rav4 Engine Management Diagnostics

broadstone boy

Hi anyone know which obd reader I can buy that will diagnose my Rav4 diesel 2.0D XT3 D-4D 2003?

a reader? His name is anchorman :lol:

If you search for "U480 code reader" on eBay they are about £25 these days. Hey bothy what about that LR? Is it dead?

If you search for "U480 code reader" on ebay they are about £25 these days. Hey bothy what about that LR? Is it dead?

Wish I knew - still up in Perthshire far as I know, but as the weather is getting better, will take a drive up soon to establish

- if the farm is still there

- if the chap who is meant to be changing engine is still living

- if the landrover is still there.

an answer of no to any of the above will mean a report to the polis as the LR is missing presumed stolen sometime between 2008 and 2010. Just need to pick a date! I'm moving onto looking at JCB Teleloaders now - fancy a 531-70; 1 door; 4x4x4wheel steering; and I can tune up the engine to do 350mph apparently according to the brochure. I can choose a new one in canary yellow; or a pre-loved one in canary yellow; or get it as a special factory colour in canary yellow. The only yellow motor I have just now is the big genny, and it doesn't travel well - due to the fact it has no wheels or gearbox.

If you search for "U480 code reader" on ebay they are about £25 these days. Hey bothy what about that LR? Is it dead?

And which code reader do I need for a RAV 4 from 2008?? Can I use the same type? Can this one be connected when driving?

Hey Norge

You can use that U480 to read codes but you need a Scangauge if you want live data.

Local Hero and Hoovie are the experts.

Hey Norge

You can use that U480 to read codes but you need a Scangauge if you want live data.

Local Hero and Hoovie are the experts.

Thanks, is there anyway to contact Local Hero or Hoovie directly here??

Use the messenger (grey "messages" button at top of page next to the USA,OZ,SA flags)?

You can also get live data with something like an "ELM327" pc usb interface (use google) and some free software like scantool.net:

http://www.scantool.net/scantool/downloads/diagnostic-software/

You probably won't get all the features of the scan guage (e.g. like fuel consumption - but it can usually be calculated from the other displayed parameters), but it will give things like rpm, coolant temp, fueling info......blah,blah.

Hmm send them both a message (found Message under Forums below this window) both no reply sofar...... havce to be patience i guess

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links