Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Parcel Shelf Gap?

ChrisB666

Hi all,

I picked up my Auris on Wednesday after work and had a nice drive home. The car in general we are happy with - a fair bit different from my previous car (VW Passat TDI) but we are still pretty impressed with it.

Heading out to some friends last night and the parcel shelf was knocking something awful. Opened the boot today and confirmed it was clicked in fine - checked it from the back seats and noticed there is a 2" - 3" gap between the rear seats bench and the parcel shelf.

Is that the way it should be? Looking over the back seat - I can see into the boot. It's a 5-Door Auris.

Now, when I picked the car up from the dealership she said that they binned the parcel shelf because it was tatty. (The rest of the car is like new though??) and she said that she'd get one from a showroom car and that is the one she fitted.

Is the gap meant to be there, or is it possible she has put a 3-Door parcel shelf in?

Many thanks,

Chris.

Not sure on the Auris but the Yaris rear seats slide forwards and backwards, the parcel shelf has material between the shelf and where it Velcro’s to the rear seats. Does yours have the material?

There shouldn’t be a gap between the seats furthest forward and the parcel shelf as the material covers this.

Not sure on the Auris but the Yaris rear seats slide forwards and backwards, the parcel shelf has material between the shelf and where it Velcro’s to the rear seats. Does yours have the material?

There shouldn’t be a gap between the seats furthest forward and the parcel shelf as the material covers this.

No sign of a material there, just a gap. It's almost as if the parcel shelf should have a little bit longer on the end of it.

No sign of a material there, just a gap. It's almost as if the parcel shelf should have a little bit longer on the end of it.

The seats don't slide forward and back, but the rear seat backrest has two positions, might just be worth checking that the backrest is reclined back?

Hi

I have a 5dr auris and there is a gap when the back seats aren't reclined. There is no gap when the seats are reclined. Think this is normal. Let me know if it isnt!! :P

ABZ-T2

The rear seats backrest has two positions, in the furthest back the gap between shelf and seat back is minimal.

With the rear seat backrest "upright" you have a 30 - 40mm gap as you noticed.

Ah I see, thanks.

I've not got round to having my read through the manual yet - how does one recline the seat back? I couldn't find any obvious levers, etc.

It's a big black plastic button between door and headrest where the seatbelt is going through a plastic hole on top of your seat.

Best regards, Alex

Yepp, but it's a multi-purpose button ;) Try it!

Will have a look in the morning, thanks.

I hope you don't mind - I've stolen your signature idea, it's great.

Hehe no problem mate :) It's on the Internet so it's available for everyone! :thumbsup:

Best regards, Alex

• 9 months later...

It's a big black plastic button between door and headrest where the seatbelt is going through a plastic hole on top of your seat.

Best regards, Alex

Thanks Alex

I didn't know you can recline the back seats

cheers

Jonathan

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links