Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2006 2.2 D4D Tspirit Or 2010 2.0 D4D Tspirit - Which To Choose?

Tim T

My company car has come up for renewal - looking for any advice from anyone making a similar switch...

I currently have a 2006 2.2 D4D TSpirit which is perfect. I could look to buy but the car although only 50k on the clock has seen some significant wear and tear on the interior which won’t be reflected in the price I pay. If I renew I would be looking at the new 2.0 D4D TSpirit however after a brief look at the dealers I am initially concerned with:

• Interior Refinement – Lack of DVD players, slightly cheaper look in places.

• Dials moved to centre of dash.

• Lesser engine

Generally it feels like I am taking a downgrade – any thoughts from those who have made the move or should I just bin the company car take the cash and buy my own pre 2009 model Verso? I’ll be back at the dealers this week and will try to organise a test drive so anything specific to look out for would be appreciated.

Questions :)

How much is the 06 going to cost you?

What cash allowance is on offer and are you a higher rate tax payer?

Whilst not in the same position yet if we swapped to a new shape Verso the option of a lower power 2.0 or a Auto 2.2 doesnt appeal much.

Tim, although I already mentioned this before you may not have seen it but a lad at work has just replaced his 37k mile 57 plate 2.2d Verso with a new 2.0d Verso(making this his 3rd) and says its by far the best yet.

His 2.2d was using a lot of oil and was going to have new pistons, rings and head under warranty to attempt a cure. (A new engine was also mentioned)

I`ve also noticed 2.2ds are having some starting troubles too.

If it is any help I previously owned a 2-2 D4D 06 T-spirit and to be honest compared with the Avensis which had many known problems the Verso was pretty problem free !!

I now own a new 2-2D4D automatic Verso T-spirit and to be honest there is not a lot difference apart from the different spec on the new Verso !! I would put the TR spec as the same as the old T-spirit but without the DVD player which in my opinion was a waste of time !!

The smart entry system is very good on the new T spirit Verso as is the extra storage under the rear seats !! the dipped headlights are just as poor on the new verso as the old one .

Although the engine is lesser !!! improvements have been made to emissions and fuel economy also the warranty has been extended to 5 years or you can have 3 years serving if you are paying with own money .

Hope it helps

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links