Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rear Roof Spoiler Needed Asap!

coatsie

As title.

Im after an SR style spoiler, wrap round (not the flat ones)To fit my gf's 2005 t-spirit.

Going for silly £££ on eBay so just wondering if anyone could help on here.

If i use new or used, how do they fit on?

pete.

• Like 1

As title.

Im after an SR style spoiler, wrap round (not the flat ones)To fit my gf's 2005 t-spirit.

Going for silly £££ on ebay so just wondering if anyone could help on here.

If i use new or used, how do they fit on?

pete.

How much are they on eBay? I'm just curious really cos the one's on the sr (mine included) are the TTE one's and i wouldn't like to buy one new! :crybaby:

I'm pretty sure the T-Sport one's will be the TTE one's aswell, so you might actually be better off buying the eBay one.

Good luck anyway. :)

Hi,

The cheaper ones (horrid flat type) are around £80+post and the TTE/SR wrap round type are £133 but i did see a genuine one for £200+ which is just silly.

I can get one from a breakers in leeds for £70inc post but you never know what condition there in untill it arrives.

Hi coatsie

I have a TTE spoiler for sale. It's black, comes with both attachment fixings and TTE sticker. It could do with a respray but there are no big chunks of plastic missing.

I'm in York btw. :)

Cheers coxy,

I'm getting mixed up here.

The type we are after is the wrap round type, seemingly there's 2 styles. The SR which wraps around the top corners and another which looks the same but wraps and then tapers to the bottom of the window either side (similar to a corsa one) Now im not sure what this one is called but the TTE one just looks flat with tapered corner pieces and not full wrap round. :eek:

Have a look at Yaris SR models (Google images) from circa 2000 like mine. You will find photo's of the rear standard TTE spoiler. ;)

Does not add much to the Yaris and it looks better without spoiler IMO. Now days top sports cars from Ferrari etc... do not have them.

Does not add much to the Yaris and it looks better without spoiler IMO. Now days top sports cars from Ferrari etc... do not have them.

Personal choice and she like it, its her car, Im just the one lumbered with spraying and fitting it..........if we ever get one!

The one in the pictures is called the TRD spoiler. A few t-sports came with them (don't know why exactly,) and will doubtless be rare as hens teeth. But the TTE looks better anyway!

Both those in the pictures are the full wrap around spoilers. The one fitted to mine, just comes down each side about 6" or so. These are the TTE spoilers, found on the SR and T-Sport :)

ffs no-one knows what they are talking about.

This is a TTE style spoiler, standard on the SR and T Sport

DSC04601.jpg

DSC04612.jpg

This is a very rare spoiler that came on some early T Sports. It was part of a "Vitz sytling pack". Mostly found on European Yaris' as the T Sports did not come with a spoiler. Common in the Netherlands. It is almost the same as the TTE but does not come as far out from the boot lid, and the side extensions are the full length of the rear window. You will struggle to get one of these.

yaris3.jpg

led_yaris_1.jpg

This is an option rear spoiler for Phase 1 non-T Sport and non-SR Yaris.

Toyota-Yaris-Spoiler__15707558_0.jpg

This is the option for the Phase 2 non-T Sports. Very similar to the below TRD spoiler but NOT as big and has "lumps" where it attaches to the boot.

DSC_0084.jpg

This is an extrememly rare TRD spoiler. As far as I know there are only 3 in the UK.

DSC01643.jpg

DSC03170.jpg

And finally this is a Vitz RS spoiler. Japanese version of the Yaris. You will struggle to get one of these.

102_5667-resized.jpg

IMG_9805_6_7-resized.jpg

All of the above spoilers will fit all mark 1 Yaris 1999-2006.

@coxy777 to say that "FFS no one knows what there talking about" is a bit unfair tbh.

The OP wanted to know which spoiler would fit his car and he's been given a range of answers. The TTE one on my SR was just an example of spoiler type to help him choose.

The thunder grey T-Sport with the black rear spoiler and awfull blue wheels in one of your pictures is the TTE one, the same as mine. Mine also has a Badge in the middle of it saying, surprise surprise....TTE!

Not that i'm arguing, you obviously know more about these things from yaris club uk than we do on here. :lol:

@coxy777 to say that "FFS no one knows what there talking about" is a bit unfair tbh.

The OP wanted to know which spoiler would fit his car and he's been given a range of answers. The TTE one on my SR was just an example of spoiler type to help him choose.

The thunder grey T-Sport with the black rear spoiler and awfull blue wheels in one of your pictures is the TTE one, the same as mine. Mine also has a badge in the middle of it saying, surprise surprise....TTE!

Not that i'm arguing, you obviously know more about these things from yaris club uk than we do on here. :lol:

Ha Ha, Yup, deffo the curved TTE one we're after. i was only confused as there's a TTE one on eBay and looks nowt like the the one you posted. it was more like the flat black spoiler with the corner wings you put up.

• 2 weeks later...

The thunder grey T-Sport with the black rear spoiler and awfull blue wheels in one of your pictures is the TTE one, the same as mine. Mine also has a badge in the middle of it saying, surprise surprise....TTE!

Well if you read the thread you will see people calling the TTE a TRD and "wrap around" styles etc etc. Who DOES know what they are talking about? Clearly no-one, hence they're on this retarded forum. I think you'll find everyone who does know anything migrated to YCUK due to the strange breed of humans that reside here.

And if you read my post you'll see that above each picture I tell the OP exactly what each spoiler is. So you telling me a car has a TTE spoiler, AFTER I'd said "this is the TTE spoiler" seems a little retarded. Especially when I said it's standard on the TS AND SR. So don't really understand who you are arguing with there, youself perhaps?

Well if you read the thread you will see people calling the TTE a TRD and "wrap around" styles etc etc. Who DOES know what they are talking about? Clearly no-one, hence they're on this retarded forum. I think you'll find everyone who does know anything migrated to YCUK due to the strange breed of humans that reside here.

And if you read my post you'll see that above each picture I tell the OP exactly what each spoiler is. So you telling me a car has a TTE spoiler, AFTER I'd said "this is the TTE spoiler" seems a little retarded. Especially when I said it's standard on the TS AND SR. So don't really understand who you are arguing with there, youself perhaps?

I said before you even posted on this thread that my SR has the TTE spolier! I have owned the car for a few years now and see the !Removed! Badge on it everytime i wash the thing, so i do actually know more than you think.

As for arguing, i'm not at all. It's YOU who seem to have a huge french fry on your shoulder, telling us how we don't anything and that the forum is retarded ect...

I'll remember next time i need any mechanical help to ask YOU, as you obviously are Mr Toyota and have an endless knowledge about the Yaris which we retards on here could only dream to aspire to! :lol:

And that's me finished on this thread.

• 3 weeks later...

Now now children, I was only confused as the one in this link (if it works) says its a TTE spoiler but its not the wrap round type i was after. There must be a few with TTE stamped on them. At £233 id give that a miss anyway.

http://shop.ebay.co.uk/?_from=R40&_trksid=p3984.m570.l1313&_nkw=yaris+TTE+spoiler&_sacat=See-All-Categories

quite a few questions about this car tbh ... pretty hot yaris!

1. anyone know what size of alloys are on this and what kind of profiles they are eg low or semi-low etc?

2. where can i get cheap wind deflectors they're not very cheap on eBay :(

3. how do you get the side repeaters off ( think that's what they're called ) they've been sprayed black on this car and i cant seem to get mine off to clean behind them?

much appreciated lads.

post-92922-127421141163_thumb.jpg

cheapest wind deflectors are on eBay i'm afraid.

Such as HERE

the side repeater push back then out, so slide then towards the back of the car, then pull them out. you won't be able to get into the indicator unit as it is sealed though. you can tint the unit, or will have to buy after market indicators, as shown:

HERE

cheapest wind deflectors are on ebay i'm afraid.

Such as HERE

the side repeater push back then out, so slide then towards the back of the car, then pull them out. you won't be able to get into the indicator unit as it is sealed though. you can tint the unit, or will have to buy after market indicators, as shown:

HERE

cheers i might just buy those wind deflectors from eBay then :( still exspensive i think lol i only want the repeater off to clean behind it as its absolutely bogging lol

• 1 year later...

Hey i hope that some one is still here Hehe...

What do you think, will this one

s007.jpg

fit the MK1 yaris/vitz ??

this one is mine...

88cdea558951f929-large.jpg

and he wants a cool look spoiler :P

Thanks.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links