Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Prius Options Worth Considering

gadgetmind

We currently have an Audi A8 but it's now 14 years old and the old girl isn't long for this world. I have the option of company car or cash, and with all the new tax bands and pension restrictions that have just come in, a company car makes sense if the BIK is low. The Prius is the lowest you can get!

I could get a Prius T Spirit with every option it can take and still be within my car allowance, but will get taxed on 10% of their cost per annum. So, I only want those options that make sense. Leather and metallic paint are no-brainer must-haves. But what about the protection pack and the LED lights? Any views on the Roof Rack options, maybe for bikes or storage boxes? Is the DAB radio worthing having - the dealer reckoned it was about £300, which seems a lot.

I can't see prices for options other than the packages - are they listed anywhere or do I need to ask the dealer?

BTW, the US cars seem to have lane assist/warning and also electric seat controls when you get leather. Are none of these options in the UK? We're very much used to the seats and mirrors adjusting to the driver's presets, and would like this in the Prius.

Thanks

Ian

Hi from what I have heard the leather seats are fitted in Britain so I cannot see them having electric adjustment

Is the DAB radio worthing having - the dealer reckoned it was about £300, which seems a lot.

I can't see prices for options other than the packages - are they listed anywhere or do I need to ask the dealer?

BTW, the US cars seem to have lane assist/warning and also electric seat controls when you get leather. Are none of these options in the UK? We're very much used to the seats and mirrors adjusting to the driver's presets, and would like this in the Prius.

Thanks

Ian

The Price list is on the Prius page of the Toyota website towards the bottom right - this is for the whole Toyota range. For any extras not shown, its probably in the e brochure.

The DAB Radio option may be worth considering depending on how long you are planning on keeping the car. There was something in the Digital Economy Bill that is being put through Parliament in a hurry. I did catch part of the debate in the Commons and the issue of potential switch off of FM signals was discussed. The earliest date is likely to be 2018. It was suggested that DAB radios in cars does not really work at the moment due to the lack of stations on DAB. However this can only increase. If you go for the standard AM/FM option it is likely that during the car's lifetime a DAB radio will have to be installed - I think that this includes a different form of aerial, so no doubt that would have a cost implication at the time.

As regards lane assist, if it is anything like Intelligent Parking Assist, it will require a good road surface (a smooth one!) to work. Perhaps Toyota have decided our roads are not up to scratch, as I am sure that they were promoting the option last year, but don't seem to be now!

I don't think electronic seat adjustment is available, but you could ask the dealer.

Lane assist is something that scans the white lines while you are on a motorway and warns you if you stray, not available in UK. DAB radios I have heard are not that good. If cost is an issue, buy a Pure Highway and install it in front of the steering wheel with Velco, thjats what I did and I use it ALL the time, you get a little stick on aerial which works just fine, just about everywhere. As I recall, seat and mirror presets are not an option either, sorry.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links