Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Changing Avensis Headlights

djk035

Hello, I've got a 2003 to 2006 model Avensis and my dealer has told me that my left side headlight bulb has melted the inner casing of the headlamp and needs replacing. They wanted to charge me €315 for the privelage so needless to say I've decided to find out the possibility to do something myself.

Does anyone have detailed instructions and/or diagrams on how to remove the front bumper on the 03-06 Avensis so the headlamps can be removed?

Should I leave this sort of thing to a mechanic or is it something anyone could do without causing any damage?

Many thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Djk035

Iam sure the innerbolts of the headlights are on the bummerside

Buy the headlight.

take a pic and i can confirm what or how to do it.

Hello, I've got a 2003 to 2006 model Avensis and my dealer has told me that my left side headlight bulb has melted the inner casing of the headlamp and needs replacing. They wanted to charge me €315 for the privelage so needless to say I've decided to find out the possibility to do something myself.

Does anyone have detailed instructions and/or diagrams on how to remove the front bumper on the 03-06 Avensis so the headlamps can be removed?

Should I leave this sort of thing to a mechanic or is it something anyone could do without causing any damage?

Many thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Djk035

It is worth checking with others on here, and indeed in the forum pages, that this isn't a recognised fault with the headlights

(plastic I believe) and that Toyota should at least assist in payment in some form. I'm sure others have managed to get

Toyota to help in some way. And anyway who's heard of a headlight melting? If that is the case then it is purely

a design fault - bulb is too hot for the casing.

• Like 1

Many thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Djk035

It is worth checking with others on here, and indeed in the forum pages, that this isn't a recognised fault with the headlights

(plastic I believe) and that Toyota should at least assist in payment in some form. I'm sure others have managed to get

Toyota to help in some way. And anyway who's heard of a headlight melting? If that is the case then it is purely

a design fault - bulb is too hot for the casing.

Many thanks for the replies. Yes this is a known problem. I've contacted Toyota Ireland and they said that due to the cars age they are not willing to help me. This is very annoying considering they have replaced the headlamps on other effected Toyota Avensis cars also out of warranty. I've written to the Irish Times Motor supplement as they've had many letters from effected customers. They've contacted Toyota Ireland too but they are not budging. Very annoying

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links