Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Engine Oil

Alan S W

Very little difference between them to be honest. I'd go for the X-Cess on the basis you get 5L for about the same price as 4 of the Mobil

Excellent mate, thanks for your help...I'll use the oil with next service.

The thicker grade won't cause any problems in the car and this oil is a good decent quality oil yes, i.e. it is to manufacturer or 'better' specs?

hahahahahaha @ this thread. seriously. my cars had toyota oil in from new. runs perfectly fine. why on earth would i pay 3 times the price or more for something someone else is telling me is better? if toyota are gonig to warrant an engine im pretty sure the oil they supply and put in themselves isnt gonna destroy it. locigal?! no.

and dont quote tyre analogies at me, please. on that theory your still spouting rubbish. toyota fitted Bridgestone turanzas. not the best, but by far from the worst. so i repeat, anything toyota is willing to put onto a car, sell and warrant, is more than good enough for me.

yea but i dont know how much toyota charge for oil in uk garages but its alot cheaper to go to motor factors over here,

i aint into any fancy oil, good quality at good price is what i like :thumbsup:

how much is the oil you get ricc ? or do you just send it in for a service every time ?

Very little difference between them to be honest. I'd go for the X-Cess on the basis you get 5L for about the same price as 4 of the Mobil

Excellent mate, thanks for your help...I'll use the oil with next service.

The thicker grade won't cause any problems in the car and this oil is a good decent quality oil yes, i.e. it is to manufacturer or 'better' specs?

It will be fine. The engines aren't too fussy, like some others.

i got to my dealer, (they love me because im a complete ***** ;) ) ...... go to the service counter, ''5 litres of oil, a filter and a sump plug washer please chump''........... i go home.... drop the oil out, new filter on new washer on,...... drop the new oil in through the magical self service hole at the top of the engine and woooooooooooooah job done for all of £22. no waiting for delivery, no brain power required in making a choice on what oil to get lol.

if toyota were more expensive, i would go to a motorfactors too. long live reasonable prices!

also a point about cheap oil wearing thinner quicker........ errr yeah, but i can do 3 oil changes a year if i really needed too before i got to the cost of a more expensive oil. maaaaaaaayyyyyyybe andy, were going to hell for buying cheaper oil? because a more expensive oil will come with a free pass to the pearly gates. ;)

I use Opie Oils they are fantastic, The discount is worth it and if you keep a keen eye out you can usually get a very good brand of oil for a very competitive price. In the end its up to you which oil you use. Silkolene PRO S has won me over.

well i usually get the filter from Mr.T for €10.50 plus a free washer :) whooooo :huh: it should be €1.50 apparently :yawn:

cant remember how much the oil is, €30 i think, maybe more, so i get 5 liters of Castrol fot €20 in motor factors

€35 for a cabin filter for the vitz in Mr.Tz, must price motor factors

hahahahahah off topic but all this talk of Mr.T............. who is going to see the new A-Team film ??????? B)

Part of it is what you want to do with the car. If you just have the car on a 3-5 year deal, keep it standard and will be trading it in at the end of the deal for another Toyota, then the basic oils are fine. If you want to modify the car, drive it hard (general thrashing/track use) or want to keep it in the best condition for as long as possible, a better than standard oil is a sensible choice.

Part of it is what you want to do with the car. If you just have the car on a 3-5 year deal, keep it standard and will be trading it in at the end of the deal for another Toyota, then the basic oils are fine. If you want to modify the car, drive it hard (general thrashing/track use) or want to keep it in the best condition for as long as possible, a better than standard oil is a sensible choice.

This. :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links