Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Avensis Issues

AvensiSpain04

Hi, I'm new here having just bought an '04 Avensis 1.8 T-3-S(right hand drive on UK plates). I am very happy with it, falling in love with it already, but definately have a few grumbles which I would appreciate if anyone could explain or confirm:

1) The car is very smooth at low speed but as soon as I go over 60mph I get a nasty vibration through the accel.pedal (and even through the whole car) which is affected by whether I'm on the power or not.

2) The steering wheel does "wobble" pretty much constantly. i.e. it never remains steady in my hand regardless of if I'm travelling straight.

3) The brakes are pulsing at low speed when I try to pull up (most likely a warped disc I know)

4) The headlamps and tail-lights have condensation in them.

5) The tailgate creaks almost as if the stalks have bent?!

Anyway, only really baffled a little by points 1 and 2, but as I'm new to the car and I bought it from Evans Halshaw Renault, I would appreciate some help from people who actually know the car!

It sounds like your wheels need to be balanced :huh:

Try greasing the tailgate mechanism.... it may help :unsure:

Yes the grease sounds like a good idea but I've a funny feeling it may be a little twisted to begin with....we will see. I'm more concerned with the shuddering between 60 and 70mph, but there is another topic here which appears to have more or less found the cause of this. Not that it's good news! p.s. I like the Rover, my friends dad had one of those when we were younger :)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links