Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Paseo Max Wheel Size

abraxys

:help:URGENT DUDES!!! Need to know the max tyre size for my car. Want to put 205.50.15`s on. Most places have told me 195/50.15 is best but from the tyre size calculator you lose performance with that tyre.

A) Will the tyre fit within the wheel arch safely? (An extra 8mm diameter or 1.38% difference)

Basically the tyre will theoretically give you a 1.3% increase in performance

Cheers dudes

Abraxys

dont know if i can help but here goes.....

If its the wheel widths that your worried about then i know for a fact that 17s with 205/40 17 will fit on the seo without rubbing. i know 97paseo had 15s and Daz H has got 15s on his seo might be worth sending them a pm see what they say.

Hope i helped in some way??!!??

hello

we have 205 /40's on 16 inch rims with no problems

changing rolling diameter to a larger wheel will decrease acceleration and not increase top speed as the limiting factor is the drag

As far as I know, as the Seo had 14" wheels as standard (forget the tyre size), putting 15" wheels with 195x50x15 tyres on keeps exactly the same dimensions as if it were on 14"s with standard tyres <_<

I did a bit of asking round before I got mine as I'm in the motor trade, and every one I asked told me this :thumbsup:

205/50/15s will give u no probs, but u wont notice the difference in performance/grip from 195/50/15s anyway

Cheers dudes for all who have answered.

Found a MENTAL website if your thinkin bout changin tyre sizes its the dogs <the spuds of lurrrrvve>s!!!

http://www.tyresave.co.uk/tyresize.html

or

http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html

If you check the second link out you`ll find 205.50.15 actually gives better performance.

195.50.15 upgrade means you actually lose performance!!

Was thinkin bout gettin 195.55.15 but a) there no more expensive than the 205`s and B) the 55`s are outwith the 2.5% diameter safe increase (without modification)

N-joi!!

Abraxys

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links