Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Goodbye And Thankyou

mightymac

Just a quick note to thank everyone for their help and advice during my 2 year stint as an Avensis owner.

Well, its been emotional. However, the thought of paying out £2500 for a new clutch, DMF and turbo was too much, so I've traded my beloved D4D in for a younger, faster model. A Fabia vRS.

If you come across my beloved 2.0 D4D at an auction near you, please know other than the problems above, its been treated like an old dear.

Thanks again to everyone on this forum. Your advice and knowledge has been fantastic.

Take it away Vera...........

"We'll meet again, don't know where, don't know when, but I know we'll meet again some sunny day"

Mac

Just a quick note to thank everyone for their help and advice during my 2 year stint as an Avensis owner.

Well, its been emotional. However, the thought of paying out £2500 for a new clutch, DMF and turbo was too much, so I've traded my beloved D4D in for a younger, faster model. A Fabia vRS.

If you come across my beloved 2.0 D4D at an auction near you, please know other than the problems above, its been treated like an old dear.

Thanks again to everyone on this forum. Your advice and knowledge has been fantastic.

"We'll meet again, don't know where, don't know when, but I know we'll meet again some sunny day"

Mac

Nah, Mighty.....we will never meet again.....driving your new car, you'll be miles ahead of us at all times.

Best get yursell something to warn of speed traps.

Good Luck,

Big Kev. :thumbsup:

Mac

Nah, Mighty.....we will never meet again.....driving your new car, you'll be miles ahead of us at all times.

Good Luck,

After being caught speeding twice in 3 months in my Avensis (never been done before for speeding in 12 years of driving), invested in a Snooper last night. I refuse to pay for anymore drinks at the Policemans ball.

Mac

Good Luck,

After being caught speeding twice in 3 months in my Avensis (never been done before for speeding in 12 years of driving), invested in a Snooper last night. I refuse to pay for anymore drinks at the Policemans ball.

Watch those snoopers as they are very inaccurate. The GPS is terrible on them. I thought mine was a bad one as the Sat Nav on the one I got would show me at a junction when I was already past it (by about 60 feet)and the same applies to speed camera locations. I called them the other week and can you believe this... the tech guy said all their GPS systems were the same! It does warn you enough in advance though of an impending camera but dont place all your trust in it. I did buy it for the speed camera only feature but as its uses the same GPS as the Sat Nav side its just not fit for purpose.

I use a road angel connected as I drive on average 100,000 miles in company cars and worry about speeding tickets, I have touch wood, never had a ticket for the 8 years I have been driving. Before this I had a standard road angel and before that I had a snooper.

Personally I think if you stick to the dedicated devices I think your less likely to get caught just the fact that you have warning that there could be one ahead even if there isn't. Allot of the time it bleeps for mobile safety camera and my friends think its silly beeping at so many none speed cameras BUT there could be a van there the next day!

Good luck and hope your snooper keeps you from anymore points, its never good giving the government money! ;-)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links