Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Tte Compressor Opinions.....

GT4 James

im sure the compressor suffers from heat soak, surely it must. ive even read peoples comments on here that getting a dyno on a compressor only just warmed up showed greater results than one that had been for a blast for a while and was heat soaked.

now fitting an intercooler will make help, but even these aint the best.

i mentioned on here a while ago about charge cooling the compressor (as what the exige lads are doing) and are very happy, can sit in traffic for ages and have instant max power, as the car should. now i know the intercoolers aint the best on the exiges as the roof scoop doesnt realy supply enough air onto the intercooler and hence why they are charge cooling, but thats another can of worms.

when i mentioned charge cooling on here , nobody was interested

There were no differences aparts from cosmetic and suspension between pre and facelift.

Engine was the same, Gearbox and ECU, No power differences at all

Toyota Stated 189BHP

some companies said 190BHP

Others put down 187BHP

Depending on different countries power readings are taken differently for example in australia they count KW. If converted to BHP the figure may change by a number or two that is why some reviews stage 189 and others may say 187. Depending on mileage and wear and tear one may feel quicker than the other.

Compressors began as standard facelift t-sports which were probably the last off the production line, They were assembled here in the UK by a company called merlin international.

They arrived in the UK as standard T-Sports the company then added on the compressor kits and things.

Merlin International

its kinda miss leading then that the compressor has a sticker in the glove box saying it was done by toyota motorsport gmbh..

Toyota Motorsport GMBH was Toyota Team Europe, The parts fitted to it are Toyota Motorsport, The kits which included the suspension and everything were assembled here in the UK.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

i'm new here and have only had my compressor for about 5-6 months, but i thought that this would be the best thread to start in.

let me begin by saying that i am loving the compressor and all aspects of it. however, after reading through this thread i have realised that alot of you seem to be missing the point of this car (i mean absolutely no offence to anyone, these are purely my opinions).

i spent about 6 months selecting my next car and narrowed it down to 2 choices (the civic type-R EP3 or the corolla t-sport compressor). the main reason, and the point i think most of you are missing, for choosing a compressor is that everything about it was designed to be subtle, even the performance.

aside from the alloys (and a tiny Badge at the back) not much differentiates this car from a standard t-sport, which isn't far removed from a regular corolla in terms of looks. i say this as a complement, not an insult. it's one of the main reasons i bought this car. it has been a running joke with my friends that this car is the ultimate stealth car as it looks normal but is one of the fastest Fwd cars money can buy. everything from the styling to the noise has been built with subtlety stealth in mind. even the supercharger noise has been suppressed (i know it's a heat shield, but still...) and you don't really hear it till about 6000rpm.

it is my belief that the faster a car feels, the slower it actually is. this may seem stupid, but my thinking is that if it feels fast then it is struggling, straining and pushing to achieve the performance desired. whilst a car that has been properly designed for fast speeds takes it in its stride and doesn't break a sweat, hence it doesn't feel fast. this belief comes from some limited experience and a few situations.

for example: i gave my semi pro friend a shot in the car and he cooked the brakes within 1 mile (i'm getting new brakes anyway for a trip to nurburgring), but he said he didn't think it felt that fast and that his track zara xts could take it in a straight drag race. his zara only has about 180-190 bhp, but it has been stripped bare (he removed about 200kg from it, no joke). i'm not a very experienced racer or drag racer for that matter, so i thought he would take me.

the result was that he was off the line quicker (obviously cause his car weighed less than a ton and weight beats power off the line, always), but after about 1 second i was passed him and was gone. even i was surprised by this, but he said, in shock, "it didn't feel that fast when i drove it".

and that to me is the point of the car, it's alot quicker than you think.

Phoenixz

P.S. there are few things i enjoy more than being challenged to race on the road and turning them down cause i know that they're not worth the petrol :D

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links