Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Important What Colour

RNS

Hello all

i am going to order my new prius soon dunno what colour to go for red or silver.

what u lads think ?

I have the black one, but if the choice was between red or silver, then for me it would be silver.

The Prius looks good in Red.................Too many silver cars on the roads IMO ;) :lol:

Hi Red is a great colour just not lucky had mine written off after 6 weeks on the black now nice colour just a bugger to keep clean

This is funny.

20 years ago the most common colour on the road was ....RED....

Now silver seems to be most common, perhaps because of it's excellent dirt hiding qualities.

Black is a bugger to keep clean (all the white/grey dirt) but looks fantastic when polished, It is also the easiest to touch-up scratches (Silver is the worst to touch-up).

White shows black dirt and the other 'shades'= red, blue etc show dirt in varying degrees.

So if you want a car that doesn't show the dirt buy silver! (just dont get it scratched)

R

I think the red looks really dull....And with the grey interior it gets even more boring....

Black is not metallic so that is out in my opinion....I'd say Silver or Blue...I like white for certain cars but it doesn't suit the Prius especially not the white pearl...

How about Novus Grey?

How about Novus Grey?

I quite like it, however it is a very dark grey so be prepared for a lot of washing :-) think it would look fantastic with the style pack on it especially.

I love my Vermillion Red Prius, nice metallic red that really pops after it's cleaned properly.

Will post some pics up at the weekend when I get back home.

I think the red looks really dull....And with the grey interior it gets even more boring....

Black is not metallic so that is out in my opinion....I'd say Silver or Blue...I like white for certain cars but it doesn't suit the Prius especially not the white pearl...

I thought the interior colour was the same on all Prius models apart from the Blue ones?

I would not say the red is dull at all, I cleaned mine at the weekend and it's bright and shiny with a decent amount of popping from the metallic paint. Mind you, I did spend 6 hours cleaning a brand new car :)

Well I have to eat my words regarding White so I may as well regarding red :-)

got out of the London office today and a White t-spirit with led pack and the solar roof pulled up at the coffee shop. With that black roof it looks wicked! Really nice, well until you see the wee little bicycle wheels underneath ;-)

the red I saw was inside a showroom with artificial light, so I bet it is different when it is outside.

Hey washing a new car is good! I've already instructed my dealer to leave the car alone. Don't dare to wash it. In my experience of our last three new cars a lot of fine scratches and whirls happen then as the guys don't use two buckets and when dropping a spounge they just wash in the one bucket (if you are lucky) and happily continue.

Nope I warned my wife, when picking it up it will get immediately a good proper wash, and a nice light gloss polish followed by a serious waxing. Already got my mixtures from chemical guys and dodo juice. Oh and finish off the wheels with a poor buoys sealant wax.

I did my car three months ago, with a polishing machine as well to restore the scratches and it is still beading the rain and water.

Very tempted as well to change the pads for some ebc greenstuff as they just don't give out any dust which is great.

Ultimately I think the 3rd gen prius is good looking no matter what colour. Can't wait.

Very tempted as well to change the pads for some ebc greenstuff as they just don't give out any dust which is great.

Wouldn't bother... unless you drive it like you stole it, the hybrid bit does most of the stopping most of the time, so consequently you'll not use the actual brake pads much at all. Net effect, much much less brake dust.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links