Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Campaign For Sat-Nav Updates

stompe

If that price is right of avensis99 (I don't disbelieve it at all)I think us T-Spirit owners should register our complaint to Toyota GB its outrageous for a second rate Sat-nav system to cost £260 for an update that don't even include speed camera locations, and I wonder if the update will include all the "ills" that are inherent with the system anyway like volume not loud enough on sat-nav voice, and I firmly believe those of us who bought the outdated database with our new cars should get a free update.

Stompe

:thumbsup:

My GF used to have an Avensis with built in satnav. It never got updated because it was so expensive to do so. It was cheaper to buy a standalone satnav which could do updates via the internet. Lesson learnt for me when buying the Prius.

If that price is right of avensis99 (I don't disbelieve it at all)I think us T-Spirit owners should register our complaint to Toyota GB its outrageous for a second rate Sat-nav system to cost £260 for an update that don't even include speed camera locations, and I wonder if the update will include all the "ills" that are inherent with the system anyway like volume not loud enough on sat-nav voice, and I firmly believe those of us who bought the outdated database with our new cars should get a free update.

Stompe

:thumbsup:

If you have the time, I suggest that you use a small claims action against your dealer to claim the cost of an update, on the basis that it was out of date when supplied, and therefore not fit for purpose. It won't cost you much, but it will cost the dealer, who will have to pay a solicitor and costs. Much cheaper for them to do the update for you.

I am tempted to try, but it's only likely to be a problem for new houses on new estate roads. Main roads are usually signposted OK. My view is to use the existing map, and use the GPS on my phone with Google Maps or similar to find the one or two missing addresses I'm likely to find in the next few years.

I really won't pay this sort of price to Toyota. They can only (try to) charge it because you can only buy from them.

A bit different if you're driving a cab, where current address information is critical.

If that price is right of avensis99 (I don't disbelieve it at all)I think us T-Spirit owners should register our complaint to Toyota GB

I think once I have a bit more corroborating evidence (not doubting Avensis99, but also don't want to look a plank), will happily complaining.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links