Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Project Mr-92

dawesy

its the full system from the cat back, looking for about £250 for it (cost me over £500 as it was custom made by exhausts UK)

im using the MR2 subframe on mine but i would think the GT4 rear frame should fit with just mounts making up. not sure about the rear floor hight though as the GT4 has quite a high floor.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dawesy

• KPARRIS-JONES

• john905

• Fawbs

ok bud cheers, just checked my exhaust it does go under the tank,can you take a pic of your exhaust so i can get an idea of how it would fit to my car, got any more done to the rolla?

yeah ill get you apic of the rear section as the front part is still attached.

not much to update not really done a lot more this week will do more at the weekend.

jiggled about with the rear subframe and found where it needs to sit just got to weld the mounts on.

rear strut towers need extending up about 3" and in about 4" each side!!! so new strut towers added to the to do list.

still its all doable :lol:

lee can you weld front struts from another rolla in the rear

kp fabrication is easy you need a welder hammer and grinder lol

I have the hammer and grinder!

Recently got the grinder to the bonnet and it worked brilliantly. :D Great tool, my dads bday present from me lol. :)

lol all you need is to know how its got to be and work out the rest pretty much on the fly, big taters helps too :lol:

could use the struts off another rolla but im going to make my own as the need to be taller. they are getting tied into the cage anyway so strength wont be an issue.

main thing is keeping everything in line to stop it crabbing down the road. achieved this by making a jig that bolts to the original mounts and then the new ones bolt to this. all measurements made it will be spot on.

off out to cut and weld,should have some more pics later this weekend.

ok so not much happening. im on days this week so getting any bits is hard as the shops are closed by the time im home.

the subframe is in place and the mounts are made just need some fine tuning and measuring to make sure they are spot on to make sure the thrust angle is ok.

hope to get more done over the weekend.

this is the slow part, lots of cutting and measuring and not a lot of forward progress.

ok so not much happening. im on days this week so getting any bits is hard as the shops are closed by the time im home.

the subframe is in place and the mounts are made just need some fine tuning and measuring to make sure they are spot on to make sure the thrust angle is ok.

hope to get more done over the weekend.

this is the slow part, lots of cutting and measuring and not a lot of forward progress.

As my old woodwork teacher used to say

"measure twice boy because you can only cut once"

very sound advice in my experience :lol:

yeah already found that out. had two attempts at positioning the subframe and got it right on the third lol.

its a bit difficult as the lower arms on the MR2 are angled forward and the hub when not connected to the strut flops any where. got it right now with the wheel central in the arch. next step is fab up the new strut towers and trailing arm link mount and then on to the engine :unsure:

ok subframe now in place all mounts welded on. there is a little gusseting to be made but i can now start on the trailing arm links and strut towers.

got it sat on the floor without any springs and its nice and low B)

decided looking at it that it will get coilovers if i can get them at a decent price (some sponsorship would be good)

was going to take some pictures but i left the batteries in the camera and they're now flat so need charging, soon as they are charged ill get some pics up.

measured the thrust angle and it seems spot on. confirmed it using a meter long steel rule from a datum point on the chassis to a datum point on the subframe and its spot on, happy days.

be glad when the suspension side is done as it should move along a bit quicker. all this measuring and jig making takes time :(

thanks for looking :thumbsup:

ok so went out for an hour today. managed to remove most of the rhs inner wheelhouse/strut tower.

waiting on some measurements before fabbing up the new towers.

moved the strut into the right area for where the new one will go and it all looks good.

rear arches will need opening up a bit but the flare wont need to be that big.

DSCF0011.jpg

the wheel sits a little back in the arch but i can mod the arch around that.

DSCF0009.jpg

heres a quick pic of the rear subframe mounts, they're not finished yet as they need some more bracing.

dont worry about the state of the subframe its getting shotblasted and powder coated :thumbsup:

DSCF0010.jpg

thats all for now more at the weekend.

thanks for looking

Great work dude, lol@the rear wheels. :lol:

That rust needs to be eradicated! :2guns:

yeah they are just some ive borrowed so i can sort out the mounts etc. hope to get it 4 stud at the rear.

yeah gonna get rid of all that rust

Why is it you want to get it to four stud? Is it for the drive shafts or something?

no its so it matches the front. the MR2 uses an odd PDC on the studs so its easier if i swap to 4 stud. i have a plan to do this and it should work :toast:

no its so it matches the front. the MR2 uses an odd PDC on the studs so its easier if i swap to 4 stud. i have a plan to do this and it should work :toast:

hopefully it shouldnt be to hard to go 4 stud, i just finised my st202 hub conversion and found out that mr2 discs holes are slightly futher apart

yeah thats kinda why i want to change i, you can use the MR2 discs still just need to slot the holes so they fit.

KP i moved it to generals as i know some people who might be interested but dont look in the rolla forums.

looking at the drive flange on the mr2 hub the part that fits into the wheel bearing looks like its the same dimensions as the rolla front drive flange. need to do some accurate measuring but should just press in.

does any one know any AE-82 being broken? i could do with the non power steering rack from one?

I think wagarv may have one I'll send him a text. I can never remember who has what... :rolleyes:

EDIT: Or you could try ra28gt

Yup wagarv has one. I'll send you a PM Dawesy. Keep the privacy lol.

• 2 weeks later...

Got a bit more done this weekend.

got the RH rear strut tower and wheel tub made. still a little bit to do but will need the engine in place to work out how much room there is.

still its starting to look better now.

just to add that the whole tower structure will be tied into the roll cage and there will be a few gussets added as well for extra strength.

hers where we are now:-

DSCF0017.jpg

and how the wheel sits now:-

DSCF0018.jpg

more to come

thanks for looking

• 2 weeks later...

yeah the light is at the end of the tunnel.

there were a few times while trying to get the subframe aligned that i wondered what id done :lol:

still once i get the other turret made its on with the engine mounts (a lot easier :thumbsup: )

then the rest is plumbing and electrical and some special body mods :ph34r:

I might nip up and see her lee, pity to see the old mr2 to be broke but its for a good cause. I was going to say is there a chance you might get the suspension slightly at different heights as this is a custom job but if you have adjustable suspension it doesn't really matter.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links