Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Haynes Manual Response

mrplebby

Just recently wrote to Haynes to see what was happening in them publishing a manual for the Aygo/C1/107, i have read somewhere this has been tried well here is a response from today.

I dont even own one of these cars yet but every car i have ever owned i have had one of these manuals and find it disgusting why they havent brought one out yet especially when they are so popular.

Response below

"Thank you for your recent enquiry regarding a Service and Repair Manual for your vehicle. Unfortunately, we do not produce a Manual for this particular model and have no plans to do so within the next 12-18 months.

However, all of our customer requests are recorded and used in the decision making process of future Manual publications/updates.

You could try contacting your local dealer to see if he can be of assistance or looking on the internet at any owners forums.

I am sorry for any inconvenience.

Kind regards"

Just recently wrote to Haynes to see what was happening in them publishing a manual for the Aygo/C1/107, i have read somewhere this has been tried well here is a response from today.

I dont even own one of these cars yet but every car i have ever owned i have had one of these manuals and find it disgusting why they havent brought one out yet especially when they are so popular.

Response below

"Thank you for your recent enquiry regarding a Service and Repair Manual for your vehicle. Unfortunately, we do not produce a Manual for this particular model and have no plans to do so within the next 12-18 months.

However, all of our customer requests are recorded and used in the decision making process of future Manual publications/updates.

You could try contacting your local dealer to see if he can be of assistance or looking on the internet at any owners forums.

I am sorry for any inconvenience.

Kind regards"

I do feel Haynes are missing an opportunity to produce one manual that cover 3 models of vehicle, looking back in history this must be a first, 3 models covered for the price of one publication.....come on Haynes WAKE UP !

Irrespective of how many models youd think the production volumes of 300,000 cars a year would sway them.

It would seem the demand for Haynes manuals must be dropping and probably has been for last 30 years.

Was a time when Haynes made manuals for almost every mass produced car in the UK.

These days their business is squeezed three ways,

1) less people wanting the manuals

2) the widespread availability these days of illegally copied main dealer

and garage manuals.

3) The kind of shops that used to sell Haynes manuals moving their business or going to the wall.

all very true geez.

its a shame but that said i havent bought one for the last 5-6 cars i've owned yet have been able to get any information id've wanted to do simplish jobs via forums like these!

I think haynes are invaluable for major jobs but the sort of thing the average home mechanic does are covered elsewhere. end of an era and all that!

People are also less inclined to get their hands dirty.

I remember my dad having the cylinder head off his cars during the 70s, valve grinding paste etc etc, a neighbour who had a Beetle used to have the engine out on a regular basis. My first car was a Mk1 Fiesta. I did quite a bit of mechanical work on it (using a Haynes!), but it was easy. It just doesn't happen now.

Cars are much more reliable, but are also relied on much more. When they do go wrong people are happy to pay the extra to get someone who knows what they are doing to fix it quickly.

The information is available from Toyota for a very small fee, you can print it off yourself and make your own manual from the manufacturers own material, it's probably cheaper than buying a manual TBH

http://www.toyota-tech.eu/

Kingo :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links