Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Tyre Recommendations Please.

auf_wiedersehen_pet

I'm after your recommendations for tyres. I need to replace the two fronts and I don't particularly want to spend £165 on Michelins. The new tyres need to have a healthy balance between wear/grip and not cost the earth.

Your suggestions please.

Rob.

I used to find that Goodyear and Dunlop made decent tyres :)

hiya

well ive currently got some continentals up front, and whlst they are fine, and handled fine in the snow at the beginning of the year etc, im not so sure id go for them again. it could be me, but im not sure theyre lasting as long as i'd like.

i paid £75 each fully fitted by the way.

I am now looking at getting new tyres in the next month, and am really tempted by some Goodyears. Also interested in Bridgestones too - theyre Japanese after all!

im not so sure id go for them again. it could be me, but im not sure theyre lasting as long as i'd like.

How long would you expect them to last? I ask because I genuinely don't know - I drive a LR Discovery with BFG All Terrains which give 60k-80k and I don't have much experience with "normal" cars.

:yes::yes:

I curently use Goodyear Eagle NCT5 on Avensis and I like them a lot. Very quiet, perfect for for 2007 sound isolation :D

im not so sure id go for them again. it could be me, but im not sure theyre lasting as long as i'd like.

How long would you expect them to last? I ask because I genuinely don't know - I drive a LR Discovery with BFG All Terrains which give 60k-80k and I don't have much experience with "normal" cars.

:yes::yes:

well its a tough one this! i'd say i do maybe 70% motorway, with the rest being local/urban driving. i've done about 10-11,000miles so far, and probably have about 4mm maybe 5mm left. i've had them about 8 months now, so theyve seen a fair bit of snow n ice too. like i said they have been absolutely fine. i think i just fancy a change thats all!

auto express did a tyre test with 205/55/16V (same as my Avensis) http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/products/total_tyre_guide/213189/tyre_testing.html

interesting reaading, and may help you choose. the categories at the top right of the page is filled with lots of useful info.

I too would love Michelin, but cant afford them! But Dunlop/Contis/Goodyears and the like are now much more affordable and readily available from internet retailers.

Good luck!

I got 2 Avon ZV5's for my T180 at £98 each fitted, went for them because they are manufactured in the UK (like the Avensis)only done 3000 so far but cannot tell any difference from the NCT5's which were on before (incidentally I got 30000 out of the NCT5's on the front)

When I bought my new to me Avensis, the dealer shod the car with 4 Nexen ( no, I've never heard of them before ) CP6 tyres, which were the ones in the dealers " KwikFit " tyre bay. After 13000 miles of mainly mixed driving, at the last MOT I still had 7mm left. Reasonable price ( tad over £65 each with my TOC discount, I bought a new for the spare ) and reasonable performance too. If you are local to Parts King, that's where I got mine from.

When I bought my new to me Avensis, the dealer shod the car with 4 Nexen ( no, I've never heard of them before ) CP6 tyres, which were the ones in the dealers " KwikFit " tyre bay. After 13000 miles of mainly mixed driving, at the last MOT I still had 7mm left. Reasonable price ( tad over £65 each with my TOC discount, I bought a new for the spare ) and reasonable performance too. If you are local to Parts King, that's where I got mine from.

Edit.

http://www.blackcircles.com/tyres/brands/nexen/cp641. Good review, Korean......

I myself use www.mytyres.co.uk

At the moment they have a 5% discount for the World Cup!!

All prices include post and packing.

Very well priced compared to blackcircles, who i dont use anymore.

Really recommend you check them out!

Mike

• 2 weeks later...

Bridgstone and Dunlop are good enough for Avensis

Try camskill they are really the cheapest place ive found and have a massive range inc. budget, mid range and performance

www.camskill.co.uk

I have been running Goodyear Excellence on my Volvo S60 for the last 3 years and have found them really good for grip in both wet and dry conditions, they also seem to last quite well for a mid- budget tyre. The fronts did nearly 20k miles, mostly on country roads.

I was please to see my 2009 Avensis 2l diesel tourer was equipped with the same tyre when I bought it a couple of weeks ago. I hope to get the same mileage out of them.

Hope this helps.

I've just wacked on 2 Goodyear Excellence about a week ago. So far, they are fantastic, and have performed brilliantly in a couple of urgent response runs already.2 more going on in 3 weeks. great tyres, great price - far better than the Continentals I had earlier.

Try camskill they are really the cheapest place ive found and have a massive range inc. budget, mid range and performance

www.camskill.co.uk

I know Camskill well. I've bought two sets of BFGs off them in past years. One set of Muds and one set of ATs - don't think they'd fit the Avensis though.

:rolleyes:

www.camskill.co.uk

i went and checked out camskill, i did a price check on a number of branded tyres (bridgestones, dunlop, firestone goodyears and so on) and they came in more expensive usually by about £2-3 minimum per tyre than mytyres.co.uk. Camskill also charge for delivery adding an extra £5 at least to the order, and ive found they are very limited in some brands, maybe only doing one type of tyre from a manufacturer. add it all together, and its a few quid more over a set of 4. yes, granted, they do have a price beater facility, but you hav eto email them, wait for them to repsond to the challenge and so on. So i think its back to mytyres for me, but nice to know of other options out there.

Cheers

Mike

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links