Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris 2005 Colour Collection Aux Input

joemolomo

Hi i'm interested in purchasing a connects2 aux input for my yaris' stereo. But i'm confused by which one, their CTVTYX001 is for yaris' 1999-2004 and the CTVTYX002 is 2006- onwards missing out my year. It also states that these are both for fujitsu ten/Matsu****a Large 12pin blocks, and looking at my stereo it appears to be a panasonic, so am I right saying neither CTVTYX001 or CTVTYX002 would work, and does anyone know a model by connects2 that would work, can i even attach a aux input to this model details below:

Says assembled by Panasonic

Model No. 86120-0D140

REF No. CQ-MS0370LAC

ID No. W53806

TYPE:W53806

Thank you

Joe

Edit:

Hi I did end up going for the CTVTYX002 as connects2 told me it is the same as the 001 just with another loom for the newer models, so either way it should be compatible. So i got it all hooked up and it worked great, apart from one problem it faded out after 20mins of use, and made the entire radio system dead unless I unplugged the connects2 box. Thinking this may just be some power issue I emailed connects2 again a day later got a reply simply stating to cut and tape up the orange cable on the loom, an instant fix(great customer service). Only one issue left now car transmission and electrics noise on when charger plugged into my iPhone. Ordered a griffin noise cancelling cable jack to jack, anyone tried one of these? only issue is the connects2 box isnt 3.5mm jack, its RCA phono, so i've also ordered a jack female to 2 male RCA phono, hope this doesn't just reintroduce the noise :S

Edited by joemolomo

• 2 years later...

Hi i'm interested in purchasing a connects2 aux input for my yaris' stereo. But i'm confused by which one, their CTVTYX001 is for yaris' 1999-2004 and the CTVTYX002 is 2006- onwards missing out my year. It also states that these are both for fujitsu ten/Matsu****a Large 12pin blocks, and looking at my stereo it appears to be a panasonic, so am I right saying neither CTVTYX001 or CTVTYX002 would work, and does anyone know a model by connects2 that would work, can i even attach a aux input to this model details below:

Says assembled by Panasonic

Model No. 86120-0D140

REF No. CQ-MS0370LAC

ID No. W53806

TYPE:W53806

Thank you

Joe

Edit:

Hi I did end up going for the CTVTYX002 as connects2 told me it is the same as the 001 just with another loom for the newer models, so either way it should be compatible. So i got it all hooked up and it worked great, apart from one problem it faded out after 20mins of use, and made the entire radio system dead unless I unplugged the connects2 box. Thinking this may just be some power issue I emailed connects2 again a day later got a reply simply stating to cut and tape up the orange cable on the loom, an instant fix(great customer service). Only one issue left now car transmission and electrics noise on when charger plugged into my iphone. Ordered a griffin noise cancelling cable jack to jack, anyone tried one of these? only issue is the connects2 box isnt 3.5mm jack, its RCA phono, so i've also ordered a jack female to 2 male RCA phono, hope this doesn't just reintroduce the noise :S

I know that this thread is ancient but i need a clarification about the adapter you used.

I am in the same situation (panasonic cd player yaris 2004) and i wanted to be sure which interface you used.

The 12 pin old one? or the other present only in the CTVTYX002.

I ask that because i dont want to have the same issue with the orange cable and the hissing noise.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links