Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2.0 D-4D Power Issue And Brake Issues

ChrisB666

I've found over the past couple of days that my car has a bit of an issue with power delay. On a few occasions I've came out of junctions and onto roundabouts and accelerated to find no power at all and then all of a sudden a huge kick of power and an unreal level of smoke from the back.

We also notice the brakes squeeking a lot and more so noticable when reversing or driving at slow speeds - it seems like a stuck caliper, I've had the car for six weeks and covered about 2,000 miles and found the nearside rear wheel is always a lot dirtier than the others - I suspect thats the problem.

Has anyone else seen this issue with the power delay or the brakes? I took out an extended warranty with the car for three years and will get in touch with the dealership about it. I also have my issue of a loose drivers seat to flag to them.

Power one has got a lot worse tonight, pulls away like its driving on two cylinders and seems to kick in with power intermittently - smokes a hell of a lot too. Will be visiting Mr T sooner than I think.

I do think it could be a split intercooler pipe or something though, has the symptoms of air getting in somewhere, though the engine bay is so tight I can't see anything.

Power one has got a lot worse tonight, pulls away like its driving on two cylinders and seems to kick in with power intermittently - smokes a hell of a lot too. Will be visiting Mr T sooner than I think.

I do think it could be a split intercooler pipe or something though, has the symptoms of air getting in somewhere, though the engine bay is so tight I can't see anything.

I think it could be the following, in order:

1. Blocked or partially blocked EGR

2. If you have DPF ... DPF failing to regenerate

3. Mass air flow sensor fault.

Do you have VSC fault or engine light on?

I think it could be the following, in order:

1. Blocked or partially blocked EGR

2. If you have DPF ... DPF failing to regenerate

3. Mass air flow sensor fault.

Do you have VSC fault or engine light on?

What he said

Does sound a bit like egr/dpf issues. If your 2.0 is laided out in the same manner then this thread http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=106241 might be some use to you in the future. If you do a search im sure there is one about egr in 2.0 engines too but i just happen to have that one book marked for refrerence. But if the car has warenty and is only a few weeks off the forecourt.

As for the brakes im sure squeeling brakes was an issue toyota sorted with rubber shimms or the like. Id do a search on here about it, its been covered lots.

Thanks for the replies. Car is booked into the dealership for Monday morning.

I'll post up with my findings.

Please let us know how you get on.

IMHO Auris a pile of crap compared to other earlier Toyotas.

Still miles ahead of certain makes but from what I am working on some of them are catching up as regards build quality and reliability. Example.Some of the new Fords, particularly the Focus are terrific.

Regards.

If I'm honest - the guys in work have had endless quality issues with Fords & Vauxhalls - so I wouldn't go there. I found the Toyota still to be a smart move from my previous history of VAG cars, I hope the dealerships warranty won't let my experience down. The interior design of the earlier Toyota's was one of the reasons I think I failed to consider them, but the latest models seem to have very impresive interiors - yet still seem to have nice, smooth exteriors.

Would it still be possible that the EGR valve is causing this problem when the car only has 25K on the clock? I don't want to be facing this issue on an annual basis!

Garage looked at the car today and confirmed the EGR valve was blocked solid, they've ordered a new unit and will fit it tomorrow.

One of the brakes on the rear were binding, they've said they'll sort this out on both sides and fit new brake pads to both sides on the rear also.

Looking forward to getting it back now... the IQ isn't quite the same.

• 3 weeks later...

Got the car back and it was a lot better. Seems much better since I picked the car up in March.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links