Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

The Net Is Not Just For The Young

Raistlin

photo-11644.jpg

Helping older people get online is vital, and part of a wider transformation,

It's Silver Surfers' Day on May 21st and over one thousand five hundred events will be taking place across the UK offering older people a gentle introduction to using a computer and getting online in supportive and friendly settings like UK Online Centres, libraries and Age Concern branches.

The organisers have persuaded Dame Vera Lynn to record a video message encouraging people to learn how to download music, while Terry Wogan has been telling everyone who will listen that "it's so easy that any old Janet and John could get online".

This sort of familiarisation is vitally important because there are many people out there who either think computers and the internet are too complicated for them to use or simply can't see why they are of any interest.

Important skills

Showing people what's possible and explaining how they can use the network to do things they want to do anyway, like find the songs they remember or send old photos to family members, is a great way of bringing down the barriers.

Many of the events will use material from a special website called "On the Day", which covers important skills like how to e-mail, scan and upload photos, place an online order and listen to music. The site aims to presents the tasks in a way that will make it relevant to older people.

[No offence was meant in the posting of this topic :D]

You are not getting off with that apology :ffs:

You are off my Christmas Card list for ever. In fact you may return any previously sent cards :lol2:

"Don't complain about the Beer, Some day you'll be old & weak too " :cheers: :lol2:

You are not getting off with that apology cursing.gif

You are off my Christmas Card list for ever. In fact you may return any previously sent cards lol.gif

"Don't complain about the Beer, Some day you'll be old & weak too " cheers.giflol.gif

I was born old and weak...

It's only the blood of newborns that keeps me going. laughing.gif

Well that day passed without any incidents! :P

Well that day passed without any incidents! tongue.gif

I see Microsoft's private browsing mode really works... :D

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links