Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

02 Rav D4D Gx

macw

radio/cd shuts off and looses all channels, ejects cd also,,sometimes comes on by it's self..i have bought new Battery as i was told it was a power supply problem,,but its still happening ??? new to this forum so thank you in advance ...macw :thumbsup:

Not sure which head unit model you have in that one, but they usually need both a permanent Battery feed (i.e. one connection that is always live) and one which is ignition switched.

Have a look at Hoovie's diagram in this post:

http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=86114&view=findpost&p=793768

The radio probably has a connection on the back similar in shape to R5. Unplug it and with a voltmeter check you have voltage (about 12V) between pins 4 (battery) and 7 (ground), with ignition off. Then turn accessories on with the key and check voltage between pin 3 and 7 is about 12V. You should still have 12V between pin 4 and 7 as well.

It may be as simple as this plug not home properly in the back, or the unit may be ****ed. Does this happen mostly when the engine is cranked or does it appear random?

(And I wish I was on the N17!) :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links