Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Ae101 Levin

Nellyville

Hi folks,

As said in my Intro thread I am looking to buy an AE101 Levin/Trueno. I have seen a few and I will be opting for the 4AGZE model. Here is a picture of one car I have been looking at and have shown interest in.

894461-1.jpg

Yes I agree its not a looker, however I'm confident I can do something with that front end to sort it out. This is where the problem begins, I have been searching quite literally all day looking for companies who sell aero parts for these cars to no avail can someone point me in the right direction?

As for performance I have found plenty of 4AGZE upgrades and my target will be 200bhp which should tackle the Integra Type R's of this world :)

Thank guys!

Craig

www.autopassion. co.nz fort hat front, More kits available for the earlier GZE version Bomex etc.

You may struggle to get the 4A-GZE to 200BHP be prepared for the cash flow into it. AE111sr (think that's right) has but a lot of money into it without too much gains.

But making the car lighter is always a good start... :D

You may struggle to get the 4A-GZE to 200BHP be prepared for the cash flow into it. AE111sr (think that's right) has but a lot of money into it without too much gains.

stop chatting rubbish - he's taken a car from 165 to 200bhp without internal work.

stop chatting rubbish - he's taken a car from 165 to 200bhp without internal work.

Who mentioned anything about internals? Of course the internals would need done for keeping the reliability to match the power.............

Anyways, thanks for the helpful replies folks. K20VFX good site... thanks!

No problem. And the 4A-GZE is good for 180BHP until internal work needs to be carried out as Nellyville said. Otherwise you will just blow it up after a short while...

the gze is already over engineered with forged low comp pistons as standard - did you just pluck 180bhp on stock internals as again way off the mark.

Nope I've been reading up in various places to learn as much about these engines as possible. From what I remember there are so many variations of the 4A-GE that you cannot really make an accurate judgement on what your particular engine output is. The later revision with the seven ribbed blocks were tougher and the 4A-GZE was made tougher still. They have been earmarked by a few people to be good up to 180BHP until you really should change the internals for assurance.

They have been earmarked by a few people to be good up to 180BHP until you really should change the internals for assurance.

Internals of the 4A-GZE are good for about 230-240bhp without changing anything, as is the gearbox.

I've been running mine at 198bhp for the last 5 years with no problems and engine has now done over 90,000 miles.

They have been earmarked by a few people to be good up to 180BHP until you really should change the internals for assurance.

Internals of the 4A-GZE are good for about 230-240bhp without changing anything, as is the gearbox.

I've been running mine at 198bhp for the last 5 years with no problems and engine has now done over 90,000 miles.

ok, I have been misinformed. :yes:

Thanks for clearing that up.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links