Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota Corolla E12 Front Upper Strut Brace

corollavvti

I would like to found out if it is possible to add a front upper strut brace on a 2003 1.4 vvt-i 5 door toyota corolla, right hand drive?

can anyone please show me pictures or fittings,

also will I need to change any parts such as the shock absorbers or springs?

thank you :)

I would like to found out if it is possible to add a front upper strut brace on a 2003 1.4 vvt-i 5 door toyota corolla, right hand drive?

I have the same car. I bought my strut bar from eBay. It is aluminium, very easy to fit and made just for our car so it fits perfectly.

I have installed her 5 years ago and I have no problem.

The car becomes more stiff when cornering. Ofcourse if you also proceed in changing the shock absorbers and the springs, the result will be much more impressive.

I have ordered a similar to this one:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2003-2008-MATRIX-COROLLA-VIBE-FRONT-STRUT-TOWER-BAR-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem45f16c2345QQitemZ300403139397QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

I also attach a picture of my own engine bay. Trust it's helpful.

post-28228-127554847503_thumb.jpg

I have the same car. I bought my strut bar from eBay. It is aluminium, very easy to fit and made just for our car so it fits perfectly.

I have installed her 5 years ago and I have no problem.

The car becomes more stiff when cornering. Ofcourse if you also proceed in changing the shock absorbers and the springs, the result will be much more impressive.

I have ordered a similar to this one:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2003-2008-MATRIX-COROLLA-VIBE-FRONT-STRUT-TOWER-BAR-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem45f16c2345QQitemZ300403139397QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

I also attach a picture of my own engine bay. Trust it's helpful.

thank you very much, so these struts can be fixed on to the standard shocks and springs?

do i have to drill any holes for the new strut bar and also will the shocks or springs come out of place if i take of the nuts as this may cause a problem to put them back into their place

did you fit the strut on yourself?

thank you very much, so these struts can be fixed on to the standard shocks and springs?

do i have to drill any holes for the new strut bar and also will the shocks or springs come out of place if i take of the nuts as this may cause a problem to put them back into their place

Very easy to fit. No drilling, no nothing. It is plug and play. You just take off the bolts, fit the strut, and then put the bolts back. You then adjust (fix) the regulators on each side of the strut so as to be stiff.

The shocks are not effected. You could do it yourself if you have the tools (and the power :-)to unbolt the 3 bolts on each side. Otherwise you can go to a repairer's shop and ask from someone there to do it for you. It is 10 minute's work.

Finally, as I advised you, you can put the strut and leave the OEM shocks and springs. The car will feel more stiff. But you can get much better results if you change the shocks and springs with aftermarket.

For example, I have TTE springs and KYB shocks.

Very easy to fit. No drilling, no nothing. It is plug and play. You just take off the bolts, fit the strut, and then put the bolts back. You then adjust (fix) the regulators on each side of the strut so as to be stiff.

The shocks are not effected. You could do it yourself if you have the tools (and the power :-)to unbolt the 3 bolts on each side. Otherwise you can go to a repairer's shop and ask from someone there to do it for you. It is 10 minute's work.

Finally, as I advised you, you can put the strut and leave the OEM shocks and springs. The car will feel more stiff. But you can get much better results if you change the shocks and springs with aftermarket.

oh okay thanks, yeah im sure i can manage to take of the bolts n fit it

erm I cannot afford to upgrade springs or shocks now but I may do later...only 17, very little money aha

im going to do simple things first n then go higher

im also planning to upgrade the brake discs and pads as i have found these on eBay, they are cheap but i do not know if they are going to be good?

any advice?

thank you for all the information, hope i can help you one day too

erm I cannot afford to upgrade springs or shocks now but I may do later...only 17, very little money aha

im also planning to upgrade the brake discs and pads as i have found these on eBay, they are cheap but i do not know if they are going to be good?

any advice?

I have upgraded my front brake disks by changing same with brake disks from a corolla TS... Great difference and very easy to do it. You just need the break disks and the caliper covers from the corolla TS. You remove your old ones and replace them with the new ones. I have found same used but in a very good condition and at a very cheap price.

The back disks are trickier to change, but if you just change the front ones you will be extremely happy. The braking will become a lot more powerful.

i was thinking about that set up with KYB's and tte springs is it good? i thought the standard shocks were KYBs anyway . which KYBs are you using?

any advice?

I have upgraded my front brake disks by changing same with brake disks from a corolla TS... Great difference and very easy to do it. You just need the break disks and the caliper covers from the corolla TS. You remove your old ones and replace them with the new ones. I have found same used but in a very good condition and at a very cheap price.

The back disks are trickier to change, but if you just change the front ones you will be extremely happy. The braking will become a lot more powerful.

oh that's cool then, yeah I might look got the TS brakes and callipers then, thanks for that

I'm going to look at some right away :)

I am using the KYB excel-g. However I am thinking in upgrading to the KYB agx...

• 2 months later...

any advice?

oh that's cool then, yeah I might look got the TS brakes and callipers then, thanks for that

I'm going to look at some right away :)

Hi, I purchased that strut bar of eBay that you showed me and installed it about a month ago....great improvement, thank you very much for that

car handles much better now, still looking for some brake discs and pads :)

again thank you very much and your car looks great :D

I am glad I helped you!

Thanks for your comments!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links