Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Bank Worker In 'too Sexy' Complaint

Raistlin

20100602_dlorenzana_250x420.jpg

At Home

Bank.jpg

At Work

A woman bank worker is claiming she was fired from finance giant Citibank for dressing too provocatively.

Debrahlee Lorenzana, 33, told the New York Post she wore ordinary clothes, but her male bosses and co-workers still found her too alluring.

"Everything I wore was professional, things everybody wears in corporate America," she said. "The way they looked at what I wore was very disappointing."

She started as a business banking officer in a New York branch in September 2008 and shortly afterwards male bosses began making sexist comments about her appearance, according to her employment case papers filed in a Manhattan court.

She was told "she must refrain from wearing certain items of clothing, in particular, turtleneck tops, pencil skirts, fitted business suits, or other properly tailored clothing," the suit says.

"In blatantly discriminatory fashion, plaintiff was advised that as a result of the shape of her figure, such clothes were purportedly 'too distracting' for her male colleagues and supervisors to bear."

The single mother said "other female colleagues wore similar professional attire", and that some dressed far more provocatively, the papers say.

But her bosses said that those women were unattractive and did not count.

She was also told that "as a result of her tall stature, coupled with her curvaceous figure, she should not wear classic high-heeled business shoes, as this purportedly drew attention to her body in a manner that was upsetting to her easily distracted male managers".

Citibank said: "We believe this lawsuit is without merit and we will beat it vigorously."

I wouldn't mind placing a deposit.....

:lol:

But her bosses said that those women were unattractive and did not count.

Classic line! What a crap case...

Her bosses must have their brains in the wrong place!..............fools!

I hope that she wins her case :thumbsup:

Nobody ever made that complaint about me when I worked in a Bank :crybaby:

Before any wise asses step in [you know who you are, my good friends <_< ] I am not a crossdresser :blink:

Nobody ever made that complaint about me when I worked in a Bank crybaby.gif

Before any wise asses step in [you know who you are, my good friends dry.gif ] I am not a crossdresser blink.gif

Are you sure....

Vic.jpg

Ha ha ha ha. That's too funny! I love the "ripped in four weeks" touch. Or was that ripped into? :P

:lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :gun_bandana: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

Wise ass :P I KEEEL you :death:

What's it like to be immortal ?

Raist if you're so ashamed of your.... lifestyle choice that you must use Vics head for pictures I advise that you refrain from posting up your Friday night pictures altogether. ;)

:P :D

Raist if you're so ashamed of your.... lifestyle choice that you must use Vics head for pictures I advise that you refrain from posting up your Friday night pictures altogether. wink.gif

tongue.gifbiggrin.gif

Does the expression "Dead Meat" mean anything to you ? yes.gif

What's it like to be immortal ?

Boring :unsure: I should imagine :crybaby: Used to talk to friends in the Street about where we'd been & what we'd done. Now it is the meds we are on & when is the next Hospital appointment :doctor:

No reincarnation ? No chance to come back & try again ? No thanks. :yawn: You aren't getting me going on one of my favourite Hobby horses, coz I'm dismounting now :laughing:

Raist if you're so ashamed of your.... lifestyle choice that you must use Vics head for pictures I advise that you refrain from posting up your Friday night pictures altogether. wink.gif

tongue.gifbiggrin.gif

:lol: :lol:

Touche

EDIT: DAMN! Only after posting do I think of a witty retort! :censor:

It would have involved a lot of meat and also you Raist. hhhm another reflection of those wild nights... :P

tongue.gifbiggrin.gif

laugh.giflaugh.gif

Touche

You missed the accent yes.gif

The grave accent ( ` ) is a diacritical mark used in written Breton, Catalan, Dutch, French, Greek (until 1982; see polytonic orthography), Italian, Mohawk, Norwegian, Occitan, Portuguese, Scottish Gaelic, Vietnamese, Welsh, and other languages.

The word grave is derived from the Latin gravis (heavy). In English, the word is sometimes pronounced /ˈɡrɑːv/ grav, not like the word grave meaning "serious" or "tomb", which is pronounced /ˈɡreɪv/. It comes from French, where it is pronounced similarly; accent grave is pronounced [aksɑ̃ ɡʁav].

I know, I just don't know how to insert it. ;) (a reflection of my wild night...) :lol:

A tutorial would be much appreciated. :D

tongue.gifbiggrin.gif

laugh.giflaugh.gif

Touche

You missed the accent yes.gif

The grave accent ( ` ) is a diacritical mark used in written Breton, Catalan, Dutch, French, Greek (until 1982; see polytonic orthography), Italian, Mohawk, Norwegian, Occitan, Portuguese, Scottish Gaelic, Vietnamese, Welsh, and other languages.

The word grave is derived from the Latin gravis (heavy). In English, the word is sometimes pronounced /ˈɡrɑːv/ grav, not like the word grave meaning "serious" or "tomb", which is pronounced /ˈɡreɪv/. It comes from French, where it is pronounced similarly; accent grave is pronounced [aksɑ̃ ɡʁav].

Cor blimey :blink: I really needed to know that :yawn: But on reflection, you are right :thumbsup: We need to help Kynan, since he has said that his School didn't :bookworm: :laughing:

I know, I just don't know how to insert it. wink.gif

We've told you, you are not old enough...cool.gif

:lol: Vic and Raist, I think that you really underestimate the level to which my simultanious hatred for the both of you raises when you bring my spelling into question. Just thought I'd throw that into the mix... :P ;)

I used to be a fantastic speller and I still am however the fact that it is so easy to edit mistakes on a PC means that I am far more relaxed with my spelling when using modern technologies. ;)

Also it's nice to see what you two can pick up on. :D

laugh.gif Vic and Raist, I think that you really underestimate the level to which my simultanious hatred for the both of you raises when you bring my spelling into question. Just thought I'd throw that into the mix... tongue.gifwink.gif

I used to be a fantastic speller and I still am however the fact that it is so easy to edit mistakes on a PC means that I am far more relaxed with my spelling when using modern technologies. wink.gif

Also it's nice to see what you two can pick up on. biggrin.gif

Well it's hardly a challenge but it keeps us simple folk amused :D

Wise ***** :P I KEEEL you :death:

Heh heh ...." I KEEL You " , that'll be Achmed The Dead Terrorist , Right ?

I love this Jeff Dunham character ( puppet ) cracks me up :lol:

Achmed-I-Kill-You.gif

Wise ***** :P I KEEEL you :death:

Heh heh ...." I KEEL You " , that'll be Achmed The Dead Terrorist , Right ?

I love this Jeff Dunham character ( puppet ) cracks me up :lol:

Achmed-I-Kill-You.gif

Snap ! I totally agree, Balli, my friend. I love all Jeff Dunham's stuff But Achmed the dead terrorist is my favourite :thumbsup:

"How do you spell your name ?" A......C.....phlegm.... :lol2:

Achmed the dead terrorist is my favourite too. I posted a thread with ventriloquism in it... I love the bit where he goes "silence! I kill you!" and "son of a !Removed!!"

Watch part 2 of Walter- Spark of Insanity. He talks about terrorrists "hayyyeeeeehabiiiieyaaa.... BANG" "wayago Habeeb! Bet you can't do it again! Dumbass" ha ha.

Achmed the dead terrorist is my favourite too. I posted a thread with ventriloquism in it... I love the bit where he goes "silence! I kill you!" and "son of a bitch!"

Watch part 2 of Walter- Spark of Insanity. He talks about terrorrists "hayyyeeeeehabiiiieyaaa.... BANG" "wayago Habeeb! Bet you can't do it again! Dumbass" ha ha.

Great minds think alike ............and please don't finish the quotation :crybaby:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links