Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Cost Of New Rear Bumper

kickingmyself

Hello everyone,

Just looking for some advice please. I very stupidly scratched someone's car in a Sainsbury's carpark, and it looks like they might need a new bumper. It is a Toyota verso, about 6 years old. Would anyone know how much it might cost to buy and fit a new bumper? They also have a parking/proximity sensor built in, so that will add extra on to the cost, presumably ... :-)

Any advice gratefully received. I am new to all this, and feel a bit lost...

thank you

kickingmyself

When my Verso was a couple of months old I had a transit van go into the back of me. Low speed impact (under 20mph) despite this the bumper had cracked and had to be replaced. All parking sensors were in tact so only had to be removed and reused in new bumper but I also had the impact bars behind the bumper checked to make sure they had not been compromised. I think the full insurance cost was close to £800. I think the costs break down to something like £300-£400 for the part then it has to be sprayed in the cars body colour then you have all the labour costs.

• 3 weeks later...

When my Verso was a couple of months old I had a transit van go into the back of me. Low speed impact (under 20mph) despite this the bumper had cracked and had to be replaced. All parking sensors were in tact so only had to be removed and reused in new bumper but I also had the impact bars behind the bumper checked to make sure they had not been compromised. I think the full insurance cost was close to £800. I think the costs break down to something like £300-£400 for the part then it has to be sprayed in the cars body colour then you have all the labour costs.

I've just phoned Toyota fir a price on a front bumper as mine got damaged yesterday.

£137 for the bumper, then £154 to paint (both + vat) so not too expensive IMO

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links